SIX, firsts for everything

KINSLEY PACKED HER winter clothes into the purple suitcase, throwing them into the luggage

KINSLEY PACKED HER winter clothes into the purple suitcase, throwing them into the luggage. After putting the clothes away she moved onto the more important things.

"Hey, have- what is that?" Amelie barged into her room, "What is that?" She asked referring to the book that Kinsley held in her hands.

"Okay, so this one, it's about computational analysis, so I think that Miles might be impressed." Kinsley gave a smile and she showed off the book.

"Bitch, what?" Amelie laughed shaking her head at the blonde. "There ain't to way that your trying to get Zach's cousins attention."

Kinsley hesitates, "No.." she trails off at the end. "You are literally dating the hottest guy in our school and your ditching him for a nerd?" Amelie sits on the edge of Kinsley's bed.

She pulls out all the books Kinsley had put in and threw them onto the bed. "Hey!" Kinsley whined, trying to stop Amelie from ruining her 'precious' books.

"I'm technically not dating him." She hugged onto one of the books and sways. "Your going skiing - do you know what that means?" Amelie asks her best friend with smile.

Kinsley shakes her head no, obliviously. "Hot tub!" Amelie's smile beamed but Kinsley instantly shook her head no. "The thought of me in a bathing suit is fugly." Kinsley backed away, setting on books back into her bookshelf in the correct order.

"Wait right here." Amelie warned and left the room. Kinsley rolled her eyes as she picked up the left over books on the bed. Before Kinsley could take them and put them in the trash - she snuck a book under her clothes in her suitcase.

"Ta-Da!" Amelie smiles, giving jazz hands to the pink bikini she held up. "What the fuck is that?" Kinsley asked with a blank stare.

"It's my sexy, hot and never fails to impress anyone bikini that I am giving to you." She hands her the bikini and Kinsley stands there.

"Okay, Okay. You know what, fine." Kinsley gives in, and takes the pink bikini from her best friend. "Thank you!" Amelie squeals hugging her best friend tightly, jumping up and down.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

It was the next day, and the family - including Kinsley. We're all in the car, her being in the middle between Zach and Miles, while Avery sat in the back.

It felt quite awkward, Kinsley being the only one person who wasn't close with everyone else. Zach noticed her tension and reached for her hand.

At first she was hesitant, she was still getting used to the fact that she had a boyfriend. But, she felt his hand and rested her head on his shoulder.

Zach's father drives the SUV down the winding highways and through the snowy mountains. They pull into a drive way of a large opulent cabin with a three park garage.

As they enter, they take in the polished wood interior - and logs rested against the fire place. "Wow, this is better than the picture!" Mr Maclaren smiles as he's the first person to enter the house.

They all looked around, adjusting to how the place looks, Kinsley already star struck on how beautiful it was.

Zach and Kinsley put their suitcase with each others, next to the stair case. "Hey Zach, remember how much fun we had when we were here last time?" Avery comes up to him.

"Have we been here before?" Zach asks looking around the cabin, but nothing comes to mind. "No, memory boy. I'm just messing with you." Avery laughs and lightly punching him on the arm.

"Oh, Kinsley - you don't mind bunking with Avery, do you?" Mrs Maclaren asks politely. "Oh, no." Kinsley says with a slight amount of relief.

"I don't mind." Avery adds, "i understand. Any more excitement for Zach, and his brains will explode!" Avery joked making everyone shocked.

Kinsley's eyes widen as she heard what the little said and what she meant. "Avery!" Mrs Maclaren shakes her head at her daughter.

Zach's father quickly changed the subject, "Hey, let's get up the mountain m. Get half a day in." He announced to the family and everyone agreed.

"Oh yeah let's do it!" Mrs Maclaren smiles, "Zach, honey, remember no screens." She adds and Zach rolls his eyes - "I know, I know." he groans while taking his denim jacket off.

"Fair warning, it's been a really long time since i last went snowboarding." Kinsley reminds them. "I feel like you said you went every year." Zach says untying his shoe laces and removing his boots.

"Twelve months is a really... long time." Her voice trials off as she slowly looks away trying to find something else to talk about. "Don't worry." Miles smiles, "it's like riding a bike."

Kinsley half cringes as she's reminded of what Amelie told her to remember - do not fall for him. "Is that the best analogy?" She asks trying to stop a conversation from happening.

"Sorry. Sorry, dude." Miles shakes his head and laughs to himself. Kinsley smiles and sits down next to Zach. "What are you gonna do?" She includes Zach, "I mean the mountains beautiful." He shrugs his shoulders.

"Maybe just hang at the lodge, grab a book, read something." He looks around the place. "You? Read a book?" Kinsley turns to face his way and asks surprised.

"Yeah, but I don't have a book to read anyways." Zach says, looking very bored. "Here, I have one but it might now be your thing." She grabs a book out of her bag and hands it to Zach.

"Oh, wow. Cool." He examined the book - but is most likely going to loose it somewhere. "Should we, uh hit the slopes?" Zach asks putting the book down.

"Hit we shall." Kinsley grins at the boy and who gives her a weird look, "Sorry they sounded cooler in my head." She says full of embarrassment.

lish speaks !

sorry for such a short chapter today, kind of hard to write this book but i really want to write about Zach and Kinsley's relationship !!

go read my two other books i've been more focused on - sparks fly and after glow. both of them a apart of the summer i turned pretty series (with one of them finished.)