001

Stefan was in his room in the Salvatore boarding house. he just come back to Mystic Falls for only one reason, Elena Gilbert.

when Stefan come back, Zach wasn't happy at all, and Stefan could understand but he couldn't get out the beautiful Gilbert out of his mind.

what Stefan wasn't expecting was for his older brother Axel to walk into his room.

"Axel?" Stefan looked up at his brother, it's been more then a century since the last time they had meet each other, so Stefan was shocked to say the least, since Axel always avoided his two brothers.

"look who's here."

"what are you doing here?" Stefan asked as he walked closer, but the look in Axels eyes told him to stop where he was.

"this is as much of my house as yours."

"i know that, but you never go to where i and Damon are."

"well, i was here first, what are you doing here? no, don't tell me, let me guess, it has to do something with a certain Gilbert, doesn't it?" Axel arched one eyebrow, looking at Stefan clearly judgmentally.

"i don't know what you're doing, but don't try to do anything to Elena." Stefan looked up at Axel, trying to read him.

"Damon did give you a trauma for life, didn't he? and don't tell me what to do, yeah? i'm the older one here, oh and by the way, i don't care about yours and Damons childish fights but make no mistake, this town have been peaceful for so long, don't fuck it up or i'm gonna take matters in my own hands, goodnight." Axel quickly left his room, not letting him have a say as he walked inside his own room.

Axel let out a deep breath, even thought he hasn't seen his brothers for so long, he was still looking out for them.

he was there when Stefan was in his ripper phase, asking his good friend Lexi to help him. he was there when Damon was in the augustine, pulling strings and helping him escape, he was the one who let out Enzo of that hell.

even thought he was there for them, he never showed himself, they weren't as close as when they were humans, and he only has to blame Katherine for it.

when he first step inside the small town, that used to be his home, he nearly killed 15 years old Elena Gilbert and he still feels disgusted by himself for how he showed the weakness and went after the innocent girl.

but it quickly become a relationship he could never see himself in, Axel become a big brother figure for the Gilbert kids. he was there for them when their parents died, helping them and comforting them. so now that Stefan is here for the girl he considers as his little sister, his instincts are all over the place, since he knows that where Stefan goes, Damon follows and where Damon goes, death is in there.