XIII. BIRTHDAYS

Começar do início

The voices of the ones she loved surrounded her as they all sang her "Happy Birthday" as the clock struck 12AM, officially her birthday. Vic had a white cake in her hands that was decorated with edible red roses around the edges and making a pattern on the top of the cake. It had two silver candles in the shape of a 2 and a 1 with to sparkler firework candles in between the two numbers.

"Make a wish!" Vic exclaimed as everyone finished singing and the two sparkler candles stopped.

Adriana wished for her life to carry on the way it was. She was living her best life, with all the people she loved being close to her. She was the happiest ever and she couldn't wish for anything more.

She blew her candles and everyone cheered. She cut up the cake and gave everyone a piece, Vic helping her give it out. It was red velvet, her favourite. Vic knew exactly what cake to get her.

"Oh wow, this cake is so good." Althea said. "And I say that not being a fan of cake."

"It is." Vic said, stuffing her mouth with cake. "I really hit the nail in the head with this cake."

"Oh yeah. One hundred per cent." Adriana said. "I can't thank you enough for organising this, Vic, you know you didn't have to but you still did, oh, I do love you." Adriana hugged Victoria from the side, who sat next to her.

"I love you too, my Adri." Victoria kissed her cheek.

The night was fantastic, Adriana couldn't have asked for a better spent 21st birthday. All her closest friends were there and that was all that counted. To have her loved ones around. She was so tired now but it was definitely worth it as it was probably the birthday she ever had. She looked at the time.

2:50AM. She stayed behind to help clean up, even though the workers said it wasn't needed she always wanted to help.

The taxi pulled up to her apartment building. She thanked the taxi driver and left.

She got to her apartment and took her shoes off. Athena ran to Adriana, happy to see her after hours. Adriana played with her dog for a few minutes before sitting on the sofa and rummaging for the little box in her bag.

She found it and untied the black velvet ribbon, taking the top of the box of. She slightly gasped when she saw the ring inside.

How did he know?

She had been wanting this ring for ages but she couldn't find it anywhere. She'd told Victoria a billion times about it.

Adriana looked down at the gold ring that was split in the middle by two beautiful flowers made of crystals. She immediately took her phone and clicked on Damiano's number.

D

2:54AM
how did you know?

i heard you talking about it, i'd never seen it
so i was hoping it was this one
from your reaction i'm guessing it is

2:55AM
it is
i can't believe you
thank you so so so much
i actually love it.

i knew you would.

She slipped the ring onto her middle finger and looked at it. It was stunning. From then, she knew she'd never take it off ever.

 From then, she knew she'd never take it off ever

Liked by vicdeangelis, ykaaar, giovaxx and 56,794 others

adrisol 21 and never felt better

vicdeangelis la principessa ha 21 anni 🥳
adrisol 💋🥳

ykaaar ti senti 21?
adrisol no 😭 ho ancora 20 anni nella mia mente.

user she's stunning omg 😭😭
adrisol thank you 😉
user OMG

see all comments

would you look at that? i actually updated this book for the second time in such a small amount of time. 🫣