Chapter 3

Maggie turned to the Boy of Wonder, who held a grin on his face that not even Batman could wipe off. "Well, madam," He emphasised the last 'm', "If you follow me, I shall show you to your room. All of your bags are already there, you just need to unpack them whenever you're ready. Although according to Bruce you have like magical powers of something. But he also said not to bug you about them. I thought you wouldn't mind. I mean... I am me and nobody minds me,"

Maggie turned to him with a look of confusion displayed on her face. What is up with this guy? Jason nodded towards a hallway when Maggie began her trip down the manor with Jason by her side. "So," Maggie acknowledged him. "Have you ever met Wonder Woman or Superman or something? Because that would be fucking awesome. Bruce said your mother was quite close with them.," Maggie shook her head. Come to think of it, there was a photo in her living room with Zatanna surrounded by the justice league.

Maggie let him ramble on and ask her questions on the trip to her bedroom, only giving him small answers and making a conscious effort not to talk too much. As they turned one last corner, she noticed they had reached a dead end. On both sides of the wall, were dark burgundy doors with an arched top and silver door handles. Although, the door to Maggie's left looked as if it had been recently cleaned, whereas the one to her right, appeared more frail and looked as if it had been chipped.

"That's your room," The dusky-haired boy indicated the left door. "Alfred made sure it was all clean for you or what not. Something about girls being tidier... Anyways if you need me," He winked, "This is my room, I'll wake up for you. In the morning as it is your first night and tomorrow is your first training, you will most likely have the pleasure of Alfred waking you. Unlike me, I lost that privilege when I accidentally," He accentuated the accidentally, "Punched him in the nose. Goodnight gorgeous, I'll see you at breakfast."

Maggie flinched at the word gorgeous. Who does he think he is exactly? Maggie bid him goodnight before opening her door. As she walked in, the first thing her eyes darted to were the bookshelves that lined a wall adjacent to her bed. The bed that Alfred had so kindly made for her, was queen sized with an ash grey coloured doona set. Behind her bed, were all the boxes she had packed with her various belongings packed safely inside.

As she looked above what felt like a mountain of boxes, she was met with the sight of a small balcony that hung over the back garden. Sat on said balcony was a small round, glass table with a matching chair alongside it.

When she looked at it in more depth she noticed a note, presumably from Alfred or Bruce.

Madam Zatara,

I understand that moving across the country would be quite difficult.

To make you feel a bit more comfortable, or more at home, I made sure you got the balcony, and left your room as bland as possible.

This will allow your creativity to blossom.

I encourage you to decorate it as you want.

If you require assistance, I will be at your service.

Alfred

Maggie swooned over the note. Although she hadn't formally met the man, she knew he cared for her. In his own weird way.

"Kcapnu ym xesob, dna teg ym samajyp," Maggie requested of her magic, when all the boxes she had packed, slowly begin to place her items around the room. Clothes in the cupboard and dresser, makeup in the vanity drawers, books in the bookshelf and her pyjamas on her bed. She watched as her posters begrudgingly hung on the wall when she pulled on her silk pyjamas. Before going to bed, she threw her dirty clothes into the washing basket in her bathroom, brushed her teeth and took her jewellery off at her vanity.