33. The Punishment

Judgment day arrived the following afternoon. The entire clan was in a somber mood, quiet and lost in their own world as they prepared for Diana's trial. They didn't know what to expect, what it should or would feel like to punish one of their own. But one thing was for sure, this wasn't going to be as easy as they thought.

"Diana brought it on herself," Bambam supplied.

"I still feel bad for her," Jisoo mumbled, snuggling closer to Haein as they sat quietly in the gazebo outside in the gardens.

Rosé snorted. "Feel bad?" she asked her friends with a roll of her eyes, "If you want someone to feel bad for . . . feel bad for Jennie," she reminded them as her hand tightened around Eunwoo's.

The handsome man smiled at her with assurance, lending her his strength as well as his support.

Goddess of the Moon help him.

He really was whipped.

"I think that's pretty much a given," Eunwoo sighed.

"You have to admit though," Haein said, looking at his girlfriend, trying to defend her pity towards Diana, "She might have took her jealousy too far . . . but what have we done to prevent that?"

"What *could* have we done?" Bambam chuckled bitterly. "We tried our best to allow her within our group . . . yet all she could do was bitch and moan."

"How would you have felt if . . . "

"Jisoo, please," Rosé interrupted. "Diana had the right to lash out at us for most of the shit we had put her through," she said, looking at everyone with serious brown eyes, "But Jennie never deserved that from her . . . nor the clan who had taken her bitchy ass in and took care of it."

The group was silent as their unspoken thoughts ran through their mind. They knew that their behaviour towards Diana, their inner rejection towards her, was not something the brunette deserved from the very beginning since they've known her. But Jennie . . . the one person who had tried to make Diana included wasn't the person she should've betrayed . . . and because of that, their entire clan had been brought down into a level of much threat and danger.

"You should've seen Lalisa this morning," Alice said softly as Bambam hugged her closer to him. "She was an even bigger mess," she told everyone, "I don't even think she slept last night."

"She didn't," Bambam confirmed with a shake of his head, "I heard Joyce and a few of the other women talking this morning . . . she stayed up all night with Jennie's engagement ring in her hand . . . and just kind of staring out of space."

"They'll get through this," Kai finally said as he leaned against the entrance of the gazebo and looking out into the fields of flowers with Jennie walking through them like a fairy.

"Love . . . real love . . . is not something that can just go away," he explained with a small inaudible sigh, turning his eyes away from the beautiful picture of the blonde goddess floating among the sea of flowers, "It'll take time . . . but in the end, they'll both come out winners."

"Hey guys," a little girl, warily making her way towards the gazebo, greeted shyly.

Everyone gazed at Dawn with a smile, lifting their faces from the shadows that had marred it moments before. She was dressed in a yellow shirt and blue jeans, looking quite like a tiny angel with her straight brown hair up in two pig tails, her blue eyes wide with wonder and innocence.

She was only seven years old . . . and already she has the memories and the trauma of someone five times her age. She had watched her own mother die, and each member of her clan disappear and get tortured one by one. And yet the small child still maintained her innocence . . . her beautiful innocence.