Chapter Sixty Nine: The Similarity Of Love And Endeavor (1)

Start from the beginning

"Yes, check the third and fourth zones carefully because there are cliffs around there."

Even though the animals released on the hunting ground were just rabbits or deers, the expression of the Imperial Knights was rigid.

"Look carefully in case anyone is lurking around the cliffs."

"Yes, Commander!"

It wasn't animals that they were wary of, but humans. During hunting contests, there were often assassination attempts or participants would try to kill their political opponents and say it was an accident.

Although it had been quiet lately, it happened frequently after Owen ascended the throne. Owen could enjoy the hunting festival from a safe spot, but he would probably participate in the hunting contest again this time.

The Emperor, who arrived at the hunting ground, was dressed in his hunting attire. Due to his participation, Gerard had no choice but to participate as well. His task would be following Owen around as his escort rather than joining the hunting contest himself.

After sending the knights into the woods, Gerard stopped by the Blanchett family's tent before returning to the Emperor's side.

"My Lady."

Gerard returned home very late last night, and couldn't see his wife because he had to go to work early in the morning. He wanted to see Chloe for a moment.

"Honey?"

There was Chloe, her lady-in-waiting, and Leila in the Blanchett family's tent. Leila insisted on staying there because she didn't want to be alone in the Anata family's tent.

"Are you busy?"

"No, I'm not. What is it?"

Chloe shook her head and walked up to Gerard. In fact, there was no reason for her to be busy.

"I wanted to see your face before I go."

Gerard said with an affectionate smile.

"..."

Leila, who was watching them from the side, bit her lip. Gerard only offered her a slight bow and didn't say anything. She felt invisible.

She felt ignored rather than jealous*. She was sad that her most precious friends only seemed to ostracize her, and she felt unfair because it seemed that there were no problems between them and just with her.

[*E/N: nah, she's totally jealous xD]

"...Please be safe. I'm worried because the weather is not very good today."

Chloe turned shyly. Her cheeks were red, which was in contrast with her eyes, which were looking up at the slightly dark sky. She looked lovely which made Gerard smile.