“Please.” Karishma scoffs. “I’ve said no to you like millions of times and I’ll say no to y...”

Haseena suddenly puts her cap back and moves close to Karishma. As she bends down, her undone buttons open a passage for Karishma to see what she has to offer underneath her shirt. Haseena places her hand on Karishma’s thigh and gazes into her beautiful blue eyes. Her eyes move down to her lips and when they are an inch from one another and when Karishma moves her lips a bit closer with her eyes closed, Haseena tilts her head and kisses Karishma’s cheek instead.

“We’d better be hurry.” Haseena grins like an evil that comes straight from Karishma’s nightmare. Karishma can feel her heart beating so fast and loud out of her chest as her cheeks are turning red. As Haseena pulls away, she hits her head with the door frame.

“Well, karma is a bitch.”

Karishma looks at her wife walking to her driver seat with a tiny smirk. There is no way that she will let Haseena get away with this. A revenge is needed.

“You need to put your seatbelt on.” Karishma says casually when Haseena finally closes the door and settles on the driver seat.

“I kno...” Haseena doesn’t stand a chance to finish her sentence or fasten her seatbelt when Karishma leans close and reaches over to get Haseena’s seatbelt. Haseena freezes by her not-so-accidental touch on her cheek and her breath by her ear. Karishma has the seatbelt in her hand and she also has Haseena in her another. Karishma lingers by her ear and once her nose touches Haseena’s ear, she whispers.

“Don’t forget to check the rear-view mirror.” Karishma finally pulls the seatbelt down and locks it in place.

Haseena sighs with a smile. “What have I done to deserve you?”

Karishma grabs Haseena’s placket and pulls her in for a kiss before starting to button the undones. “I’ve told you before and I will always stand by that. Everything.”

“I haven’t done anything.” Haseena whispers underneath the engine ignition’s noise. Although it is so low out loud, the words scream in her mind. The more she looks the more she sees how fucked up her life is and how bright Karishma’s life is. It might not happen now but in time, she will dim that bright light.

After a few teases and a few naps on Karishma’s part, they safely arrive at Haseena’s home. Hugs and warm welcome are offered from Noor Jahan before Karishma excuses herself to catch some more naps in Haseena’s old room. They are still waiting for and her little family to arrive so Noor Jahan hasn’t started preparing anything. Karishma promises that she would help when she is up but everyone knows that it is quite impossible; Karishma rarely regains conscious until she gets a tap from Haseena and Haseena never gets her a tap until the meal is ready.

Noor Jahan is watering some plants in her backyard when Haseena walks out to the porch with a glass of water in her hand. She smiles for her mom; mostly at her ridiculous gardening outfit that is sent straight from the old-lady-in-the-garden stock photos with big hat, gloves and apron.

“Did you buy a car, honey?” Noor Jahan asks something she has meant to but was distracted. She was making sure that Karishma was comfortable under her roof. She doesn’t care if this is a thousandth time Karishma has slept here or if this is a thousandth time Karishma ensures her that she is comfortable, she just needs to make sure.

“I didn’t. I rented it.” Haseena sits on the steps looking out to the plants that are ready to shed their leaves for a season. “We’re planning to. Hopefully.”

“Oh.” Noor Jahan exclaims with a bit of smile on her face. She assumes something on her mind and hopes it will come true.

“What is with that ‘oh”?” Haseena mimics her mom’s exclamation while sipping the ice cold water from her glass. She hates the taste of the gum that is left in her mouth but coffee is not what she wants now. She has been having a few sleepless nights and the last thing she wants is adding another one.