Chapter 17: Something is not right

Start from the beginning

All his past years at Hogwarts flashed in his mind. All the years of angst, suspicion and hatred for the potions master. But then, he had his true memory's back, and additionally could remember all the good times he had experienced this year. Harry looked in the opposite direction of the healer, not wanting her to see a tear which had just rolled down his face. All that he could think about was that he could never get his father back; or could he? As quick as the thought entered into his mind, he pushed it away.

Having felt alone for most of his life, after living at the Dursleys. He came to the conclusion that now was truly the loneliest he had ever felt.

"Harry, your father told me what was written within his letter. I promise I will not divulge this to anyone. However, I do implore you to tell him everything. I understand your past relationship has not been very good, however from the way he spoke about you prior to losing his memories; I could clearly see he loved you very much." At hearing this, Harry started to cry.

The healer merely touched the boy's shoulder and said with finality "You will never be able to restore his memories from the past year. However, you will be able to make new ones..." She was interrupted by Harry shrugging off her hand, and quickly standing tall.

"My father is gone, and now my old git of a potions professor has taken his place. Number 1. This version of my father is oblivious to our familial bond. And 2, he hates my guts for being... well.. me. And 3, how the hell did my father expect this new man to love me..." Madam Pomfrey interrupted.

"Don't forget Harry, Severus was once only your potions teacher. However, I have observed over the years he has been looking out for you. I do not think he ever truly hated you. Your father believes that you can persuade this 'new' or 'old' version of himself. You just need to"

"It's going to be impossible... even if I tell him everything from his letter, he probably won't believe me. He'll think it's some sort of prank, I doubt he will even let me speak for long enough to explain..." Harry finished in a very low voice.

They both stood there in silence. Madame Pomfrey after a minute went and stood next to the door and beckoned Harry to get up. She waved him out of the office with one final word.

"Or maybe he will believe you. And if he doesn't, you will just have to be persistent. Do this for your father Harry; and for yourself"

Nodding, Harry took his leave and exited the hospital wing. He walked through Hogwarts pondering his previous conversation. He did owe his father everything, how his life had changed after he left the Dursley's. He smiled, thinking of all the good times he had with his father. He sighed, thinking about how glad he was that he had all his memories back. He made a promise then and there that no matter how long it took him, he would tell the professor/ his father everything. They both deserved to be happy, didn't they?

Two days had passed since the incident at the hospital wing. And Harry had not gone within 10 meters of the Professor. School had commenced, and all the students were currently eating breakfast in the Great Hall. Owls flew in to deliver the daily mail, Hedwig landing in front of Harry. Petting his owl, Harry took the letter his bird was holding then upon looking at the writing threw the letter on the table. Ron and Hermione had been walking on eggshells after Harry divulged what happened with his father. They were trying to be supportive, however every time one of them opened their mouths, Harry snapped.

Clearly, he was extremely stressed, and the letter which was just send to him only added to said stress. Harry was eating his cereal whilst also glaring at the letter. Over the past couple of weeks his godfather had been sending him correspondences; trying to amend things after what happened at Grimmauld Place. Harry had not opened one letter. He could not bring himself to forgive his godfather just yet. He was trying to get a game plan on how he would tell his father. He did not need, nor want, to hear anything from his godfather today. Harry looked up at the head table, although as soon as he did so he knew it was a mistake. Severus Snape could be seen glaring at Harry. Gulping his last bite of cereal down, Harry grabbed the letter, his rucksack and left the great hall in haste. He traipsed through the corridors and decided to be early for his next class.