Chapter 15: Why did he have to fall

Hogwarts: Slytherin Dungeons: Professor Snape's Quarters

Upon waking up in the morning Harry could not tell what time it was. Gone was the usual stream of light that crept through the curtains surrounding his bed. Wherever he was now, there were no curtains drawn around, there was, however a soft flicker of light emanating from a lamp on the wall. Rubbing his eyes, Harry reached over to the bedside table on the left to grab his glasses.

"Ah!!" Harry said out loud. He fell back onto his bed and threw his quilt cover above his head. He remembered everything now! How he had fought with his friends, then yelled at the professor...his dad. And most importantly, how he refused to sleep in the Gryffindor dorms; only wanting to spend the night in his room here. There was a faint knock on the door, which was slightly muffled as Harry was under the covers; "Harry" he could faintly hear.

"Mhmmm What?". He found his covers being lifted unceremoniously to the side.

"Now, that is not a good tone to have in the morning" the Professor smirked whilst scowling; if that was possible. Although it seemed as if the Professor realised his tone, because he laid the quilt back onto the boy, then retreated to sit in the chair opposite the bed.

"What happened last night Harry?" the Professor asked. He watched as Harry groaned, then threw his quilt again over his head. The Professor sighed, once again getting up to slide the quilt down, in order to see the boy's face.

"It was awful! They are so stupid, I hate them; can't they just be happy for me?!". Harry spoke brokenly as he developed hiccups whilst crying. Wiping his tears onto the quilt (which left Snape cringing), Harry stated that he wanted to be left alone and that he was not leaving his bedroom.

Severus, wanting to leave the boy to stew, left him with his thoughts.

............................................................................................................................................................

The Professor had been sending food to the boy's room the whole Saturday, yet Harry never left his room longer than to use the toilet. And when Sunday came, the boy did the same. Never leaving his room, until it reached 4pm; the professor had had enough. He had stormed into the boy's room and demanded that he stop with his sooky behaviour.

'Are you a 5-year-old? No, I thought not. Get out of bed this instance! Have a nice long bath, then we will have an early dinner together'.

The professor had yanked the covers off, then stormed out of the room. He waited on the couch, grinding his teeth; however finally the boy had stepped out of his room. Relaxing now, the Professor went to the fireplace and floo'd the kitchens.

Once the boy was out of the shower, the table was made; and they began to eat. All that could be heard was cutlery clinking, Harry was still silent. However, the Professor was having none of it.

"So, I saw your little group of friends in the corridor earlier today" The Professor stated. He was satisfied when he realised that this had provoked a response from Harry.

"What?! What did they say" Harry stated frantically.

Severus, however took his time to reply. Firstly, he ate a piece of bread with his food. Then taking a rather large gulp of water.

"Well, they were both lurking outside of my office, and I told them to leave of course (Taking another long sip of water). They wanted to see you and to apologise..." Harry interrupted.

"Well I don't want their stupid apology, they hurt me, and I don't want to see them". Severus was surprised that Harry had stated that out loud. He felt sorry for the boy, all this drama was all his fault. If he had never had his memories taken away, then he would have raised Harry; and his friends would know no different...