Chapter 14: Friends don't lie

Start from the beginning

Hermione looked at Ron bewildered, shrugging her shoulders she turned her attention to class. Ron on the other hand spent the whole class puzzled by Harry's strange behaviour. After class had concluded, Ron and Hermione went to recess whilst dragging Harry with them.

Sitting at the table, both Hermione and Ron started to interrogate him.

"What's wrong with you? You seem so jumpy, and you're always running to and from classes; your starting to remind me of Hermione.... OWW!!" Ron rubbed his upper arm after Hermione had elbowed him.

"What Ron means to say, is that we haven't seen much of you lately? We miss you is all" Hermione reiterated.

"I'm not avoiding you, I've just got things on my mind" Harry said; half lying. He most certainly did have things on his mind. But he didn't know how to broach the subject. His fath... Snape has told him that he could mention their relationship to his friends. But he was worried how they would react, he still didn't know what to feel about the situation.

"Well, we haven't spoken in ages, you have been acting strangely all summer....." Hermione cut off Ron.

"We just want to make sure everything is alright" Hermione said in a sincere voice.

"Alright? No, it's not been alright. First, I start to actually like him, then I thought he hated me, now I HATE HIM....... I hate him" Harry finished in a whisper. Grabbing his bags, he literally ran from the Great Hall.

Hermione and Ron sat behind, looking at each other trying to decipher what on earth Harry had said.

Back in the Common Room, Hermione and Ron were whispering to each other. Meanwhile, Harry had entered the common room, and leaped up the stairs to the boy's dorms.

"What you're saying Hermione is ridiculous!"

"Well do you have another answer?" Hermione huffed.

"He could be talking about Sirius you know" Ron said, but not sounding totally convincing.

Just as Hermione was about to reply, they both shut their mouths when they saw Harry descend the stairs; his backpack slung across his shoulders.

"We will just ask him later" Ron said in finality.

They both went their own way, Hermione to the Library to do research for her Herbology Essay. Ron sitting by the window, watching the students flying on the Quidditch Pitch.

As Harry had walked down the stairs from the boy's dorms, he could hear Hermione and Ron's hushed voices. For once, he didn't care that they were talking about him behind his back. He had to go see Snape, and that was far more daunting and upsetting, then his two friends gossiping about him.

Walking down to the dungeons, gave Harry too much time to think and stew over his problems. He stood in front of Snape's office for 2 minutes before he had the courage to knock on the door. All of a sudden, the door swung open, Harry taking a step back in shock. Professor Snape was holding the door open, whilst a first year Slytherin all but ran from the office.

"Ah, Mr Potter on time I see, well there is a first time for everything; come in." Snape still holding the door open, waiting for Harry to enter.

Slowly, Harry entered the room, making sure to keep as much space from Snape as possible. Harry went to sit on the seat in front of the professor's desk. However, Snape did not sit at his desk, instead choosing to walk over to a door on the other side of the room. Pointing towards the door, Severus motioned for Harry to get up and follow him. Harry grabbed his bag and walked hesitantly towards the professor.

"Uh where are we going?" Harry asked.

"Did you not properly read my ......"

"I did" Harry replied quickly.