Chapter 13: What a bad student

Start from the beginning

"Ah, Mr Potter. Can you tell me..." His professor thought that Harry was not listening. However, to Harry's smugness he recited word for word what the professor had just said. Snape merely nodded in agreement and continued with his lecture. Looking every now and then at his son, and his withdrawn behaviour. As the class finished, and Harry went to make a dash for the door. Snape requested Harry to stay behind.

Harry, pretending not to hear his professor. Merely grabbed his bag and strolled out of the room. Hermione and Ron were staring wide eyed at Harry's retreating form. They looked back to their DADA professor, and quickly made a beeline for the door; pushing their way through the hoards of people. Catching up to Harry, Ron was the first to comment on Harry's strange behaviour.

"Harry! What the hell is happening to you?" Ron almost yellow, whilst being ushered by Hermione to a quite area of the castle.

Hermione forced the two boys to sit on a ledge in an empty corridor. Sitting down herself, she began "You just ignored Professor Snape Harry, he is going to be very upset!" Ron agreed.

"You have been in a weird mood since the Hogwarts Express mate. What's going on. You barely stayed at the feast on the first night. Not to mention the fact, that every morning your always up early, not waiting for any of us to have breakfast. Then when we come into the great hall, you scurry away." Ron was speaking in a concerned voice.

"Look, I don't need to explain myself to you, you either Hermione. You're not my father... or mother. Just leave me alone" Harry said yanking his arm away as Hermione went to grab it.

Hermione and Ron, both sighed, watching Harry stride off angrily to his next class.

One Week Later... DADA Class

"Detention Mr. Potter! For such blatant disrespect" Professor Snape said in an angry voice.

The DADA teacher was at his wits end. Harry had been continuously showing poor signs of behaviour the whole week. Not only to himself, that Severus Snape could understand; considering their situation. However, being disrespectful to the other teachers, as well as not handing in any homework was inexcusable.

Severus had heard in the teachers lounge, that Harry was not completing any of his homework, and his grades in potions were more deplorable than ever. The boy had received a detention from Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagall.

Detention with Professor Snape

He had waited for not 5, not 10, but 15 minutes for the boy to come. He had neglected to turn up for his detention. Obviously, the boy was trying to avoid him. Not bothering to sit like a fool waiting any longer, Severus decided to continue with his marking. Only once he was finished did he make his way up to Professor Flitwick's office.

"Filius" Severus said as he strode into his colleague's office.

"Ah, Severus what can I do for you; is everything alright?"

"Unfortunately, no. I was supposed to hold Mr. Potters detention tonight. However the boy never turned up."

"Yes, he has been behaving rather odly, as of late. I had to give the boy a detention as well I'm afraid. His course work is falling behind I'm afraid. It's almost as if, he has just given up on his education" Filius spoke in a saddened yet concerned voice.

"I heard from Minerva, that Mr. Potter in fact attended detention with her. I believe he is avoiding detention with me, for reasons only himself could give you. However, avoiding detention I'm afraid has only made his situation worse I'm afraid. I was wondering if you would do me a favour?" Severus asked, quirking an eyebrow. Filius waited for Severus to continue.