Chapter 9: Am I leaving home?

Începe de la început

"I'm so glad you're here Harry, I've missed you kiddo. 'Kreacher, go and take Harry's suitcase upstairs to his bedroom' Your just in time Harry, Remus just arrived not 10 minutes ago!"

Leading Harry into the kitchen, Harry hugged his old professor. "How have you been Remus?..... Oh, I almost forgot, Snape would have killed me" Harry chuckled. He reached inside his jacket where he had stored the wolfsbane potion.

"Here you go Remus. Professor Snape told me to give this to you; that's the last dose" Remus gratefully took the potion, then drank a glass of water to get rid of the after taste.

"Thank you Harry, give Severus my thank.." Remus was interrupted by Sirius' excited banter.

"Oh Harry, I forgot to tell you, I have wonderful news. Professor Dumbledore should be around in 10 minutes to explain" As Sirius finished, they all turned their heads to look through the door of the kitchen; they could hear someone come through the floo network.

Back at Spinners End, Severus was sitting in the kitchen fixing himself a cup of tea. The boy would be gone for 3 days this time. Over the past few weeks, he had come to quite enjoy the boy's company. He realised that like himself the boy enjoyed peace and quiet. He would never make a mess, and he was quite content in occupying himself; either by cooking, gardening or reading. He was very surprised how easily the boy had listened to him in regarding his homework. Harry had completed all of his work and accepted each criticism with maturity.

Without realising it, the potions master had walked up stairs and was now standing at the door of his sons' room. Harry had left a few clothes on the bed, a journal on his bedside table as well as a robe; not to mention some night slippers that were peeking out from under the bed.

Harry had forgotten to take his robe and slippers, should he take them over to the boy?

Retreating downstairs to wash his now empty tea cup, Severus tried to remember if Grimmauld Place was draughty and cool and night. What if the boy walked around bare foot and got sick? The memory of Harry's still body lying at the bottom of the stairs, and pouring blood everyone made Severus shiver. Almost rushing upstairs, Severus grabbed the boys robe and slippers placing them in small canvas bag he had seen on the boy's desk chair.

Walking back to the floo, Severus wondered if the boy had missed anything else. The potions master retreated to the basement where he placed 2 potions in the bag with Harry's other possessions. Going over to his desk, he grabbed a torn/discarded piece of parchment and wrote a small note.

Harry,

These potions are 2 stomach soothers for you to use in-case you accidently eat an overload of confectionary.

~S

Shoving the parchment into the bag, Severus trudged up the stairs and floo'd over to Grimmauld Place.

Harry leaned over the table to get a better look at who had floo'd over. Sirius' face had gone from happy to sour.

"Snape, what are you doing here" Sirius said vehemently. Harry stood up a curious look on his face.

"Potter, a word please" Harry followed his professor into the lounge room. Looking at Snape, then at the bag 'his bag' that the professor was holding.

"Is something wrong professor? Ah, why do you have my bag sir... and I thought you were going to call me Harry not Potter." Harry was cut off by his professor pushing the bag into Harry's hands.

"You forgot your robe and slippers, it might get cold at night, you don't want to catch a cold, do you?" The professor sniffed, then speaking in a lower voice. "And as for the name, old habits die hard... That's all I wanted Pot... Harry, have a good time with your godfather."