// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖 //

Start from the beginning

Trunks sighed, pulling his clean shirt that Bulma had provided on, fixing his hair as he walked out of his personal bathroom and bedroom. As he stepped out, Trunks's eyes widened to see a man before him, startling Trunks as he looked up to see Gohan. Gohan looked down at him in surprise before smiling.

"Oh, hey Trunks. I was just heading to the restaurant, want to join me?" Gohan asked. Trunks's throat dried up at the sight of Gohan, unable to form words. Gohan sounded just like Trunks's old mentor, his voice calm and kind. This timeline's Gohan looked slightly smaller, weaker, but Trunks could tell he had still kept up with his training, even if only a little. He also looked slightly younger, confusing Trunks even more about Goku's age. Gohan stood there patiently, waiting for Trunks's answer as the man hesitantly nodded, following after Gohan.

"H-Hey, I was wondering..." Trunks managed to get out, trying to calm his rapid beating heart as he looked up to Gohan. Gohan smiled down at him, waiting for him to continue. "How come your dad looks so young? What's up with him? I noticed Black looked oddly young too at first."

Gohan's smile faltered as he forced out a chuckle, before sighing. That was one of the first things Gohan had noticed about Black when first laying eyes on him. It was obvious that no matter the timeline, Goku and Y/n were always going to have a thing, unless they were both dead. Even then, Gohan had no doubt in his mind that they would somehow end up together in the afterlife as well.

"Dad made a really dumb wish some months ago to make himself younger. We were right in the middle of trying to save the Earth, and Y/n, and had summoned Shenron. Dad wasted Y/n's wish on making himself younger." Gohan explained, trying to omit anything about Goku and Y/n's relationship. Trunks furrowed his brows, humming.

"So, about this Y/n girl... What's up with her? She said she was a human and a Saiyan, but not a hybrid," Trunks spoke, his choice of topic having obviously caught Gohan's attention as he beamed, smiling excitedly.

"Oh, Y/n's amazing. She was a Saiyan from over a thousand years ago, one of the earliest ones. She was reborn as a human, and since her soul is a Saiyan, she can still do things like transform, she even has her own unique form. She's pretty much the strongest person around, aside from Lord Beerus and Whis. I bet she's going to be the one going with you to the future to fight," Gohan said, his words making Trunks shiver. That had to have been the worst idea ever, Black had even shown that he was close in some way to Y/n.

"B-But Black said—" Trunks was cut off as Gohan scoffed, crossing his arms.

"You're going to believe what Black said, over what we think? Y/n has fought for us a lot. She fought Lord Beerus, Frieza, she even entered a tournament to save the Earth from being taken to another universe. Not to mention, she's also just my best friend. She would never betray us," Gohan said. Trunks looked up at him in surprise, wondering if Y/n was just as strong as Gohan was making her out to be. But he also had a feeling there was something else to Gohan's words, something about the way he defended her...

"You're totally in love with her, aren't you?" Trunks asked, a deadpan look on his face. Gohan's face burst into bright shades of red, the young man chuckling as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Y-You could tell?" Gohan asked, although he wasn't surprised. He had gotten so used to everybody being aware of his feelings towards Y/n, he had completely forgotten to hide them around new people.

"You weren't even keeping it hidden," Trunks chuckled, shaking his head. "So, have you asked her out yet? Made any moves?"

"O-Oh," Gohan's distraught face told Trunks all he needed to know. Gohan sighed, pouting as he looked down. "Kinda. We even actually tried to date a little. But she's kinda... with my dad."