// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 //

hiraeth - part fifty

»»——⍟——««

       "G-Goku, you can't just claim random things like that..." Y/n spoke calmly, slipping out of his grasp. Goku huffed, placing his hands on his hips.

"Sure I can. We're bonded in two different ways. We're basically married forever." Goku reasoned. His thought process made quite a bit of sense, but Y/n just wasn't ready for that type of commitment yet, especially not with Goku of all people. Goku glared down at her, a look of disappointment crossing his face. "You don't want to marry me?"

"N-No, I don't know, I-I—" Y/n's face lit up brightly as she stumbled backwards, trying to think of a way out of the situation. Gohan stepped in front of her, holding his arm out protectively as he scowled at his father.

"Dad, you're making her uncomfortable. She's barely even an adult, how could you pressure her into marriage this early? Besides, she doesn't want to marry someone as selfish as you," Gohan said. Goku squinted at Gohan, crossing his arms as he puffed his chest outward like a child.

"How do you know what she wants? And I got married when I was eighteen, what's the problem?" Goku asked. Gohan grit his teeth, getting sick of his father's antics. One of the problems was the fact that Goku was remarrying at eighteen as well, but Gohan knew he wouldn't understand that. In Goku's head, it only made sense that he and Y/n wound up together. He had done the most for her, he had helped her through everything, he was her first, it only seemed like the next step. Goku didn't think Gohan was much of a factor in Y/n's life anymore.

Goku and Gohan began bickering back and forth, Y/n getting completely lost in their argument. She couldn't even step in between them to defend herself at this point. She pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing as she walked past them in annoyance, leaving the two in her room. Goku perked up from his fight with Gohan, turning his attention to Y/n as she walked through the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" Goku left Gohan behind, the younger boy growling in annoyance as he chased after Goku. Goku was immediately at Y/n's side, looking down at her with wide, pitiful eyes, as if begging her for something. Y/n furrowed her brows, confused at his complete turnabout in emotions. Not even seconds ago, he was having a petty school boy fight with his own son.

"Goku, you can't keep following me around and clinging to me, a-and claiming such big things. Please tell me you haven't told anyone else we're married..." Y/n spoke, feeling humiliated at the thought. She was so tired of people viewing her as a manipulating whore. Goku seemed to almost instantly notice her discomfort, a small, forced smile forming on his face.

"No, I didn't. I won't tell anyone, I'm sorry." Goku apologized, surprising Y/n. His impulsive behavior, switching from petty and holding grudges, to being kind and thoughtful of her was throwing Y/n for a loop. Y/n forced a smile in return though, stepping back from him as she continued to walk down the hall.

As they stepped into the living room, Y/n's attention was turned to the loud, annoyed groaning of the sphinx cat sitting at the table, glaring at them. Lord Beerus huffed, standing up as he stretched out.

"Finally, we were wondering where you went, Goku. I was almost going to leave you here." Beerus said. Goku squealed in alarm, rushing to join Beerus and Whis, Vegeta and Shin standing at their side as well. Y/n raised a brow, confused as she approached them.

"What do you mean? Are you already leaving?" Y/n asked, suddenly feeling upset. She wasn't ready. She didn't want to have to make a choice between her friends.