watchful eye

You wake up in the late afternoon. There's dinner on your nightstand. You pull out your phone and put on a video while you eat. You check the time, its 5 PM. You remember that you told Victor that you'd come back. You know you shouldn't but seeing his softer side makes you confused. He's always portrayed as a bloodthirsty merciless killer but you just spent half of last night walking with him holding hands. You already know he doesn't mean to be a bad guy. You sigh. You don't have much to do for the next two months so maybe having someone to visit during the night won't be that bad. Your phone starts ringing, its Darell. You answer it. "Hey, are you ok?" You ask. "Yea, the doctors said I should probably be fine." He replies. "How long will you have to be in there?" You ask. "Hopefully not that long. I don't know how I'm gonna make it with one arm, I wont be able to play baseball anymore." He says sadly. "Well, you're not able to pitch. You could be able to bat though." You say trying to cheer him up. "I also miss my girlfriend, whose going to want to date someone with one arm, I can't feel their breast while I'm fingering them." He says. "To much information dude." You say grossed out. "I have a right to be angry, that freak took my pussy and future." He says angrily. You try to keep your composure do to the freak comment. "Well I have some things I need to do, I'll text you later." You say hanging up. You sit on your bed, thinking. Your aunt and grandma come in. Your grandma hugs you tightly. "We have a nice day planned for you tomorrow." Your aunt says. "We picked out all the things you liked to do." Your grandma continues. "Thank you." You reply. "We also wanted to set some rules." Your aunt says. "Like what?" You ask. "No more going out at night." She says awkwardly. "What?!?! You can't do that!" You shout. "We have to keep you safe!" She shouts back. "I can keep my self safe!" You yell. She scoffs and walks out of the room. You look down at your phone. Its 6 now. You sigh. You go to your window and crawl out. You walk to the swamp and wait. After the sky gets dark the mood changes once again. You sit down on a log and look at your phone. "Maybe this was a mistake." You mumble. You feel a hand on your shoulder and turn around to see Victor, smiling. "You came back!" He says excitedly. "I'd feel bad if I broke my promise." You reply. You take his hand once again and walk through the swamp. "What's it like out here when no one comes?" You ask. "I just stay at my house but I can always sense when someone enters my woods." He replies. "Does it hurt?" You ask, pointing at the scar across his face. "Not anymore." He replies. After a few hours the sun begins to rise. He looks down at you. "I'll come back again, and I'll bring you a treat too." You say happily. He smiles then disappears once again.