CHAPTER 2-First Day At School

Khadija's pov:

As I entered the class, I was welcomed by noisy new innocent faces. "Asslamualai..." and I trailed off as I remembered that not everyone here is a Muslim but greeting with a Salam is my nature, "Good Morning class, I'm Miss.Khadija and I'm your teacher" I introduced. "Good Morning" they greeted as they stood up. "Sit down please, now please introduce youselves." "Are you going to stay like that?" a kid asked pointing to my niqab.
"Oh! No dear" I took of my niqab as there were only female teachers in the school. After the introduction I handed them a review worksheet as the bell went off.

After a tiring day at school, I thought of stopping by Starbucks for a good cup of coffee. I took my coffee and took a bus to home. "Khadija, there you are! Your friend has called more than 1000 times. Call Ayesha now" "Well, Asslamualikum Mom" I greeted "WalaikumAsslam dear, sorry I forgot because of Ayesha" she replied. "It's okay Mom, anyway, I'm going up to have a bath and then I will have snacks"

After a hot refreshing bath, I changed into my sweatshirt and black PJ's and let my hair open. I ran downstairs, made myself noodles. As I finished my bowl of noodles, my alarm for Asr prayer rang. I made Wudhu, prayed Asr and then I read the Quran for half an hour with its translation. Then I remembered to call Ayesha and after an hour we hung up.

4 hours later:

"Khadija dear, will you please buy these for me on your way back to home tomorrow?" my mom aksed. "Yes mom, I hope it's not a long list!"

"Well, it is but please make sure to buy everything. Okay?" she said "Yes mom, is dinner ready?" I asked

"Yes come down"

As I went down I saw my notorious brothers playing Xbox and my Dad reading newspaper.
"Asslamualaikum Dad" I greeted my father.
"Walaikumassalam dear, how was school?" he asked

"Alhamdulillah, it was good. How was your day?" I asked
"Good dear!" he replied.

"Come on the table everyone and please hurry up the food is getting cold" mom yelled from the dining room.

After our dinner, I went to pray Isha(the last prayer of the day) and drifted to sleep straight away.

____________________________________________________________

Adeel's pov:

I thought as dad's words kept repeating again and again in my mind.

FLASHBACK:

"Adeel, son, you are at a good age to marry and I don't want you to postpone it any further. I and your mom are going to start looking for a girl but we want you to look for a girl too and tell us if you like someone. I hope to see you getting married by the end of this year. Okay?"

"Yes dad" was all I managed to reply.

END OF FLASHBACK

I didn't argue because I knew that Dad was right and I wanted to complete the half of my deen as soon as possible but with a person who was a good Muslimah, a pure and chaste woman, a person who fears Allah, a person who would force me to pray when I feel lazy. Someone who would be a good mother to my future kids . An Allah fearing lady. Someone who would rectify my mistakes and to someone who would be a part of my life in this world and would be there to accompany me to Jannah but there was one question at the back of my mind...was there someone like a woman I wanted?

I drifted off to sleep with all these thoughts after praying Isha.