It was, weirdly enough, like looking at the mirror, but seeing a different face.

When the two finally made it to the compartment, James stopped in his tracks. The compartment wasn't empty anymore. There was ginger girl sitting next to the window.

Slowly, as to not scare her, James stepped inside the compartment, "Sorry, do I know you?", he asked curiously, maybe this will be his second friend and the journey had barely started.

She glanced at him for a moment, "Sorry, everywhere else was full, do you mind?", immediately, her gaze was back on the window, bright red hair covered the side of her face.

He recognized that she really didn't want to talk, but he still wanted to make her know that he was open to being friends, "Not at all, make yourself at home."

James gestured to Sirius to come inside. They all introduces themselves, the boys finding out the girl's name was Lily Evans, though she still seemed not in the mood to talk. The two didn't really mind because that meant the continuation of their Quidditch conversation.

James sat on the same bench as Lily, but as far away from her as possible to try and not disturb her thoughts with their talk, although there was no point because of how loud he always seems to get. Sirius sat opposite of him, casually crossing his legs and propping his hands behind his head.

"Chudley Cannons."

That made James jump from his seat from excitement, "No way! Yours too?"

There was a look of disbelief on Sirius' face as well. So far, they were practically the same person. The only difference James found was that he liked playing the position of a Chaser while Sirius preferred being a Beater.

Still with shock written on his face, the curly haired boy continued exaltedly, "Of course, they are the best in the world. I wanted to go to the match they had in London last year, but mother—", he was cut off when the door to the compartment flew open.

When James lifted his gaze, a small frown overtook his face. It wasn't Peter like he had expected, but, nonetheless, he put the smile back on, hoping to introduce himself.

The boy with long, greasy hair and hooked nose slammed the door shut and made his way towards the window without even acknowledging the two. He was, for some reason, already in the Hogwarts uniform. Sirius and James gave each other a questioning look as if to say "Who is this one", but they still continued their conversation, turning the blind eye to the awkwardness that came with the new boy ignoring their existence.

It was kind of weird to James for the boy to not even say 'hi' while coming into someone else's compartment, but, realistically, the compartment wasn't really his.

Their peace was interrupted once again when the ginger girl whisper-shouted "She is my sister!". Again, James and Sirius tried to ignore it, but now even Sirius' face held a bit of an annoyance.

After a couple of minutes, the greasy haired boy grabbed James' attention, "You'd better be in Slytherin."

At those words James intervened into their conversation, already irritated with the newcomer. He just bursted into the compartment without even acknowledging him or Sirius, let alone saying hi, and now he was supporting Slytherin? Someone must draw the line somewhere.

"Who wants to be in Slytherin? I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?", he nodded expectantly at Sirius.

The curly haired boy looked at James with the mixture of amusement and confusion, "My whole family have been in Slytherin.", his voice was emotionless, almost like reading some script.