Chapter 24

Kairi's POV:

Kairi's POV:

Nami looks around the village and sees us standing in the corner. Her expression changes from neutral to pissed as she starts to storm over to us.

Shit.

"Luffy?" She calls out as she starts to get closer to us as we come around the corner. "What are you doing here?" She asks him.

"I could ask you the same thing." He says.

"This is where I belong." She tells us.

"I don't believe that. This is not you." He says.

"No. This isn't the me you want me to be." She says.

"Nami..." Luffy starts, getting a little upset that she would say something like that. "If you need our help--" He starts to say but she cuts him off.

"No, I don't need any of you." She says, but it seems like she is trying to convince herself more than us. "Arlong wanted the map, and I conned you into getting it for me. And you bought it. I was never a part of your stupid crew." 

"You don't mean that." Luffy says, hurt by what she said.

"Take the rest of these clowns and sail away from here. I never want to see you again." Nami says, turning away and walking off.

"Okay, that went about as bad as it could. So back to the boat before the fishmen find us? Sail the hell out of here? Okay." Usopp says, nervously chuckling.

"There's something else going on here." Sanji says.

"She was very clear she wants us to leave." Zoro says.

"You don't know women. They never say what they mean." 

"He's right, we like to make things more difficult so we know that when you stick around it's because you want to not because it's easy." I tell them.

"Why do you two get a say? Especially the cook?" Zoro says.

"Because I am a woman and I know Nami." I say, defending myself and getting a little annoyed at Zoro disregarding Nami after everything they have been through.