CHAPTER 2 : The Balcony

Start from the beginning

"Rajkumari Nihira, you are not supposed to come here." A voice came over from behind. As I went round around to see who it belonged to.

It was my brother Parpaksha. He was some years older than me, and he was surely smart. Every man here was at least six to seven feet tall. And I looked short. He wore a bunch of gold chains and a red coloured dhoti, he had a solemn face which was apparent because of him being the crown prince.

"What do you mean, not come here?" I interviewed.

"Because Princesses are not allowed here. You should be with Aarya and Kirti." He answered back.

I was impressed by his choice of words and how he described everything gracefully. I nodded in front of him and exited the kitchen.
A sudden waft of air blew through my hair as I remembered the man who stood at the riverbank this morning. And the damage was done the moments our eyes met.

* * *

The moon was there in the twilight, and today I appeared more adorable than usual.

Why was I even desiring him, he must've been older than me around four to five years. And I don't even know who exactly he was, where was he from, or what's his name. I sat on the balcony for hours on the large swing that was kept there. I recalled the instances I relished with my parents back there. The life I had, so and so forth. My eyes were wet and to avoid any more emotions, I woke up from the swing getting near the frontier and looked at the flowing Saraswati. It was mild and serenely flowing. It made me calm and forget everything around me.

The cold cinch blew through the gardens, making me shudder in the cold. I rubbed my palms thoroughly and turned around to exit the balcony, but I saw some kind of specular reflection upon the curtains, it was something like a shiny thing reflecting upon the curtains. I looked around to find the source, from where it was coming from, and suddenly I noticed something shining in the river.

Someone was standing there at the river bank, and something shined upon his head, that mirrored its beams upon the flowing water and further threw it upon the curtains of my balcony.

It was him.

A sudden adrenaline rush took off through my body, and I stood there trying to look at him in the dusk and from a span. I peeked through my balcony, When I lost all hope of seeing him clearly, I tried ascending the fencing of the balcony which ultimately let one of the flower pots fall on the ground, creating a loud noise.

"OH-no!" I said looking at the mess I developed. And then I darted back at him, I found him looking in my path. A quiet curiosity was planted in my chest, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I allowed you to enter my heart completely. He looked away and started walking along the coasts. Under the light of the moon, I could see he had draped a shawl around his body and his hair blew with the waft of air.

I once again sat on the swing, taking pleasure in the view he gave me. Blowing out the lamps of the balcony, folding myself into a solace place, and seeing him walking along the river. It was something that calmed me down, and the only thought I had for him was-

At least we were under the same moon.

Hello, cudies!! Ah, thank you for the love y'all gave up on the first three updates

Hello, cudies!! Ah, thank you for the love y'all gave up on the first three updates. 🫶🥰💕 it means a lot. Also, please do vote and comment, (it's the smallest gesture you can do for your author. And it'll mean a lot)😭💗 please do interact in the chapter, because I love to interact with y'all. (Add me up on instagram for updates and more : itspoetic_ )
And I'm sorry the chapter is a bit short, I've my exams going on and i tbh im so done with college so please accept my apologies.

If you have any suggestions, please do let me know.

And I asked for the face claims, you guys didn't answer back 😭😭 nvm.

Thank you so much for reading :) 💌