CHAPTER 1 : Royal Palace

Start from the beginning

"From now this is your life, a new life. I know it will be hard for a while but trust me, it will all be worth it," he said.

"But why me-?" I let out.

"Because-" I took a break in between and made a sardonic face.

"You were someone who was needed here, your story was incomplete. And now this your time to complete it sakhi. Do what you feel right, and remember to be on the right path." He said.

"I didn't get you Krishna," I said because I was all perplexed. What did he mean honestly?

"Nihira, you were already someone who was destined to be here. But life was unfair to you for the first time. You faced a lot of troubles when you were young, you belonged to a Brahman family in dwaper yuga, but life was not fair to you. Your parents abandoned you." He said. I was listening to him in a strange retort.

"You were almost dead when the king of Kambhoj found you alongside the river Saraswati. And adopted you. Now it's your turn to be grateful and change your destiny. They don't know what or who you are. You are their daughter now. And someone's wife in future. Your story began here when you were brought first time into the Mahal of Kambhoj. Write your destiny nihira."

"So my name's nihira here-?" I said getting excited all of a sudden.

"yes-sakhi," he said with a giggle.

"And what about my family back in Kaliyuga?" I said.

"You will get back there when you are done living here and trust me it will be worth a chance." He said reassuring me, with a serene smile.

"Nihira-" I heard a voice that came up from behind.

It was a woman, who looked extremely beautiful. She wore a red and yellow lehnga, with a heavy amount of jewellery. She had a gorgeous face with very decent features. She had a mole on her chin just beneath her red lips. She came and gave me a tight hug kissing me on my cheeks.

"How you've been beti Nihira." She said cupping my cheeks in her warm palms.

I gave her an admirable smile and she probably was my mother in this era.

"Come have rest", she said while clasping my arms and fetching me to sit on the sofa kept aside.

"Dasi bring the best food, juices and clothes of Aryavarth for my daughter." She instructed a girl who stood at the entrance and now I understood all of these pretty girls were the dasies, and she was the queen. The puzzle was solved now.

"Your father would be so happy to see you back." She said. While making me drink some kind of drink.

"My father-?" I said. It reminded me of my father back in Kaliyuga which made me emotional almost on the urge to cry.

"Nihira-why are you crying." She said getting up from the sofa and patting me.

"No-No I'm just missing my father," I said weeping my tears.

"He's coming soon don't worry." She said.

We were joined by a bunch of girls who too were incredibly pretty. Aarya, Kirti and Devpriya. two of them were my paternal cousins whereas Devpriya was my real. Aarya and Kirti were almost identical and had immense love for jewellery and clothes, every girl's basic need.

Devpriya was my elder, she was about a year or two older than me. I was seventeen and aarya and kitty were fourteen and fifteen

"oh my god, look at these dresses bought for Nihira Jiji," said Aarya with so much passion in her eyes. She was very impressed with the dresses and jewellery.