I glanced at all of them while they glared at my brother.

Why...

It made me feel a little bubbly.

"Oh, this piece of shit definitely doesn't," Asher kept me next to him tightly, "Nico is staying with me." His eyes flashed in anger, "No matter what."

"He is," Anne added

"Run along now boy," Mister Luther said, "You've abused the child enough."

Romano's expression turned darker now that he realized none of them were joking.

"Are you all out of your mind?" He said, "You're taking the side of a freak?"

His words ended up ticking all four of them, "Oh!" Anne went ballistic, "Let me at him!" She took out her claws, "I'm gonna chew this mofo to pieces!!" She was so serious it scared the shit out of me and when no one stopped her, she took her stance to pounce on him.

Romano got alerted as well and drew out his claws to fight back. Anne was just about to launch an attack when I grabbed her wrist, "Stop!" My heart felt squeezy.

I didn't want her to fight.

"Why?" They all shot their heads to look at me.

"This man can't be your brother." Asher said as he looked at me, then he glanced back at Romano, "This person is a shit excuse of a family." His statement made Romano's expression twist in anger.

....

I don't know what it was but it was the first time I was feeling so good. It was like the strength emanating from my mate's family became a beacon of hope for me.

I softly pushed against Asher's chest, releasing myself from his embrace, and stepped forward. They all watched me, unsure whether to stop me or not but I silently stepped in front of all of them. Asher got a little nervous but I stopped to calm him down.

"That's right," I faced my brother, eye to eye, "I told them what I am and I've been marked too." My heart which was already pounding started to pulsate with fear. I've never gone against Romano

Never

So now that I'm standing in front of him, I feel so weirdly scared but at the same time, there's this odd sense of strength coming from behind me.

Coming from strangers I just met

It was all so weird for me, but I've also had enough of the abuse my own blood keeps giving me.

This whole scenario opened me to feelings that were making my eyes go watery.

"God..." Romano looked down at me pathetically, "I don't know where you've gotten that confidence from," He glanced at the people behind me, "But wait till these people leave you, because no one wants freaks around them."

Yes,

I know,

People can't be trusted. Yet, these people are standing up for me, trying to protect me when my own family has only ever threatened to disown me my entire life and I've lived with that fear all this time.

"Oh!" Asher's anger broke the meter, "You've done it." His sharp thick claws were out and he moved to kill.

"You have," Anne joined in, and in the spur of the moment I held the hands of both of them to stop them.

"Don't," I said and they both shot their heads toward me, "Leave," I kept my eyes on Romano, "Or they're going to kill you."

Romano hesitated. He was worried, he knew he couldn't take on two wolves at a time, moreover, it was a guarantee that the parents weren't going to join in.