dear el

Dear El,

I'm glad to read you're feeling better. Sometimes it can be hard to feel close to your friends when you went through difficult things, especially when you can't tell them about it. But I already told you this in my last letter, and I'm relieved it made you cheer up a bit. Remember that I'm here if you ever need to speak about anything you can't tell your friends. I'm sure Joyce will let you have the phone for a few minutes.

I'm doing great myself, and so are Mona and Alex. They'd be very touched to know you asked about them, but I can't tell them much about you unfortunately. There's a lot of important stuff I can't tell my friends either.

The last polaroid picture you sent me is very pretty! The lighting is beautiful, I think Jonathan's photography lessons are paying off, even though from what you've told me he's b̶e̶e̶n̶ s̶m̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ p̶o̶t̶ not been very present. I put it up on my wall with all your other pictures. It's starting to be quite the collection.

I left a rose by Hop's grave yesterday. There wasn't much choice at the flower shop this time. I know you miss him, we all do here. Don't worry, I'm taking care of his grave for you like I promised.

The polaroid I'm sending you today is a selfie I took with Dustin. He insisted on being in at least one picture I'll send you, and he got what he wanted. He says seeing his face would illuminate your day. I think he's been spending way too much time with Steve. My beautiful, stunning face, on the other hand, will undoubtedly cheer you up in moments of weakness.

Love you, will actively wait for next letter,

(Y/n).