Chapter 1:- DEAD BODIES

Unlike others, everything about the forest seemed fine to me. Maybe it was because I was deeply in love with darkness.

Others had darkness in their lives, but in my case, my entire world was darkness.

Being so fond of darkness, I adored that forest. What made me even more excited about the forest was that it was named "Broken Wings" on the day I was born, October 31, 2007.

One of my deepest desires was to go to the forest alone, to befriend those cursed butterflies, and somehow heal their broken wings—or become broken myself.

Just like every clichéd haunted house in some cheap horror story, Broken Wings had a boring rumor: whoever went there never returned.

Well, rumors were a part of my life.

Yes, rumors were a part of my life, maybe because the people in my neighborhood once considered me dead, even when I was alive. I never understood what they meant, as it happened a few days after I was born, so I never got a chance to understand. Besides, I never cared about them, so nothing about them ever troubled me.

Broken Wings was truly haunted, not because of any silly rumor, but because of the dead bodies of those who tried to explore the forest.

It was thought to be because of the unknown creatures living there, but no one could prove it. The bodies had no traces of sharp canines, only pieces of wings that were not soft as butter but knife-edged and sharp.

××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hey guys! Thanks for giving me a chance. I really love it when the notification hits with some votes and comments. So please. Btw I hope you like the chapter. Thank You.

Maggie.