The Pack Tamer

In a small cabin in the forest, a lovely married couple with their kids take a stroll with their children.

This family is known to be famous tamers. Each member chooses a specific species of animal or monster to tame. 

The small family begins to have a lovely stroll in the forest.

Olga: It's such a lovely day for a family stroll.

Oscar: I couldn't agree more, dear.

Oliver: Now that Olivia returned home, we finally have the family outing we hoped for.

Olivia: And we have more than enough pets to keep us all company.

She pets her cat as she walks along with her family.

Oscar: That's just our family trait as tamers.

All of a sudden, one of Oliver's dogs started barking.

Oliver: What is it, girl?

Oliver's dog then runs into the forest then the family follows her. As they go deeper into the forest, they start hearing crying.

Oscar: Crying? It can't be a pixie's trick! It's too accurate!

Oliver: Girl, find the child!

Oliver's dog barks as her response and runs deeper into the forest and the family follows her. After tracking the whole forest, Oliver's dog finally found the source of the cries. She then barks to call her master and his family to find her.

Oliver and his family made their way to Oliver's dog. 

Olga was shocked to see a baby in a basket. She then immediately takes the baby out of the basket. 

Olga: It's alright. Mama's here, mama's here.

The baby stopped crying to see Olga's face. The baby then smiles and Olga smiles back. The baby then falls asleep after laughing with Olga.

Oscar looks in the basket to see special herbs and a note.

Oscar: It would appear that he wasn't abandoned at all. These herbs help ward off evil spirits and monsters.

Olga: But how did he end up here?

Before he picks up the note, Oscar uses his staff and casts a search spell.

Oscar: I don't sense anyone else out there. Just a few monsters surrounding us.

He then decides to read the note.

Oscar: "To anyone who reads this, me and my family are dead. We only had enough herbs to keep a few monsters away, but they were closing on us. We didn't know that they would attack us after finding a route to the capital. My teenage daughter decided to run for help. She escaped with success with our horse. As for the monsters closing in on us, it was just me, my wife, and my son who left. My wife and I decided to give our son all the herbs we had to keep him safe until someone found him. To anyone who has found him, please take care of my beloved Takeru."

Olivia: Takeru? What kind of name is that?

Olga: Must be an Eastern name.

All of a sudden, Takeru's blanket moved a little, and out came a baby raccoon. Olga was shocked to see a creature sleeping with Takeru.

Oscar: It would appear that Takeru is a natural-born tamer.

Olga: With the proper training, he might become a tamer adventurer.

Oscar: My family doesn't normally take in anyone outside our family blood to train in the technique of taming.

Olga: Neither does mine, but we should make an exception for this one.