Leaving heaven

"Do you have a first love Sukuna?"
I laughed reading that comment.

"I did actually. The company warned me not to tell you, but I do what I want."

"Please tell us,"another comment said.

"Okay, listen, boy, my first love story."

I zoned out, not knowing where to start. I wanted to share though.

Story:

The guy standing in front of me, holding my hand, while saying goodbye, is definitely my soulmate. We stood there just staring into each other's eyes lovingly while reminiscing all our cherished memories together. Although my whole world was crumbling, I gave him a bitter-sweet smile to look strong.

"Good afternoon, passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Rome. We are now inviting those passengers with small children and any passengers requiring special assistance to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes. Thank you."

"Well, I guess it's time,"  said a tear escaping his left eye.

"It is. All the best, I hope your mission succeeds."

As soon as he let my hand go, I felt like a blackhole absorbed me. I wanted to beg him to try long-distance relationships or anything to be with him. But we both decided it would be best if we broke up and worked on our careers. Atleast that's what I wanted him to think.

I turn around and start to leave. Everything was getting blurred, and I began thinking about my life over.

"She said we have 10 minutes left."

I ran back to him and kissed him not hinkong about anything else. He hates publicly displaying affection, but I didn't care now. I wanted to kiss him as hard as possible. As soon as I felt him kiss back, my tears would stop flowing down my cheek. But I knew I had to leave or my future self not to hate me. Or will I?

I don't care. The decision was made. I went back to board the plane, not looking back. I knew if I didn't leave now, I would stay back forever. Part of me hoped a miracle happened, but they are all fantasies.

I lean back on my seat, thinking about it all. Where did it go wrong?

He wanted to be a scientist working to develop a medicine for cancer. It was an amazing thing to do, but he had to spend a lot of time in the lab. I want to become a performer, an actor. I had to spend a lot of time in the practice room.

We barely had time for each other. That was exactly when I passed an audition for a lead actor in a popular directers movie. I called him really excited. We had to go to Rome for shooting.

"Babe, guess what?"
"Honey, im busy, the short tempered teacher is teaching. I'll meet you at our usual, 6 pm, okay. I have good news."

He hung up the call before I could say anything else. I ws wondering what the good news was, but it can't be better than mine. He said he had to go to Rome for the project, but because of my audition, I got to go to Rome too. We almost thought of breaking up for our career, but we couldn't let go of each other. So we try to understand and make at least 10 minutes a day. I ordered cookies to surprise him with the good news.

I look at the watch 5:55. I went to the place we discovered together. I chuckle, remembering how we found it. After 10 minutes, he came over.

"Sorry im late, what did you wanna tell me?" He said passing the smile I fell for.

I gave him the cookies and watched his eyes beam with joy.

"I passed the audition." I said, trying to observe his reaction.