Chapter 4

"Batman? BATMAN!" Jim shouted as the Bat slowly opened his eyes sitting up straight against the brick wall. "Thank god, what happened here?!" He asked. Bruce was just about to speak as he turned his head at Lynns but before he could even say anything he noticed his body was gone.

"Ran into an arsonist before.. Jim I'm sorry. He sent him to pull me away from Bullock and by the time I finished fighting with him the building.." Bruce spoke softly. Jim turned to the building full of black smoke as he sighed softly.

"It's.. it's ok. It isn't your fault." Jim assured, wiping a tear from his face. "Where is this arsonist now? Do you have a name?" He asked turning to face Bruce once more.

"Garfield Lynns." Bruce spoke as Jim grabbed his phone quickly and held it against his ear.

"Montoya, it's Jim. Get everything you can on Garfield Lynns." He spoke. "That's fine, just get it done." He shouted hanging up the phone as Bruce placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I need you to go home, please Jim. It isn't safe." The Bat suggested as Jim shook his head.

"No he needs to pay, he WILL pay." Jim spoke without hesitation as he stood up heading to the fire escape.

"What if he goes after Barbra next? Then what? Go home before things get worse, please Jim." Bruce insisted as Jim sighed lightly.

"Fine." he gave in but then pointed his finger at the Bat with gritted teeth. "But when you find that son of a bitch, make sure he knows he messed with the wrong city." Jim spoke as he then turned and made his way down the fire escape.

"Hellooooo!! Is this thing onn?" The intercom to the theater echoed. "Hey there BATMAN! Glad to see you chose to let the Detective die. Gotta say didn't think you had it in you!!" The man laughed hysterically.

"I WOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO SAVE HIM IF YOU HADN'T PUT LYNNS IN MY PATH!" Bruce shouted.

"As true as that statement may be, Bats, you're known as the BATMAN! You took on Roman Sionis who almost killed you with that mirakuru in his system. If you can handle that, I don't see why a pyromaniac stopped you from saving Bullock in time." Jack stated. "NOW! As for my side of the deal, I will tell you where the next part of my plan takes place. I want you to go to The Gotham City Winter Gala downtown." He instructed.

"What have you done?" Bruce asked through gritted teeth.

"NOTHING!! Mmm not yet anyway. Better hurry Batman, don't know what it is I have planned after all." The man signed off with a giggle followed after

"Sir, if I may how do you suggest you'll be able to save the gala from whatever that mad man has planned if you wish to keep his presence a secret?" Alfred asked as Bruce thought for a moment.

"I'll go there as Bruce Wayne, in the meantime do some digging into seeing what else there is you can dig up on Jack and what he did these last 3 months under our noses." Bruce instructed as he grappled up to the nearest rooftop.

"Very well sir, do please be careful." Alfred pleaded.

"Mr.Dent? Ed called out approaching the District Attorney.

"Edward? Right? What's up?" Harvey asked turning to him.

"Yes, it is. I got reports back on detective Bullock. He's dead." Ed spoke softly as Harvey sighed lightly leaning against the desk he was next to.

"God damn it. Where's Gordon? Batman?" He questioned.

"The commissioner is going home to make sure Barbra is safe and I'm not sure where the Batman is." He said as Dent nodded turning to the stairwell of the building heading upstairs. "Where are you going?" Ed asked.