PRETZELS & PROMPOSAL'S ?

Start from the beginning

"wassup?" gia answers as dante passes her one of the woods.

"y'all outside? what y'all doing?" naomi questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

gia turned the camera to show the crew before putting the wood in view as well. jayah, who was also in the frame beside naomi, just shook her head at the crew.

"clucks" was all naomi said. "we'll be in the cafeteria if y'all looking for us"

"okay" gia responded before naomi hung up.

the crew was jumping from topic to topic as they smoked, in the corner of her eye, justyce peeped dante wrapping his arm around gia's waist and pulling her closer. she tapped johan's shoulder.

"wassup, ma?"

justyce silently pointed over to dante and gia, johan only snorted slightly before shaking his head in amusement.

"about damn time" he told justyce who nodded her head in agreement.

It wasn't long before they all made their way into the mall and went to get food before shopping around.

during their walk through the mall to the food court, dante moved his arm from around gia's waist up to her shoulder and kept it there. dante even paid for gia's food. after they finished eating and walking around the mall, buying things they saw and wanted, they roamed around.

gia ending up buying some perfume, lotion, bodywash and candles from bath and body works, some shorts, a few shirts from h&m, nike and dtlr, since it was starting to get really hot outside since it was the end of April.

after shopping around some more, the crew met up with lil crew who had their hands filled to the brim with bags.

"damn what y'all buy the whole store?" justyce asked as she counted the bags in jayah's hands.

"no?" twin 1 sarcastically said.

"boy, shut up" sassy rolled her eyes.

out of the corner of johan's eye, he saw auntie anne's and met gia's knowing gaze. the twins nodded their head at each other before walking over to the register.

"i want some cinnamon pretzels... hold on y'all" gia called out to the crew who was starting to leave the mall.

johan ordered two pretzels for him and justyce with two cheese cups on the side, and two frozen lemonades. gia ordered a small container of cinnamon bites with an icing cup and a blue raspberry frozen lemonade. she got another frozen lemonade for naomi and a pretzel for lee lee.

they all exchanged their goodbye's and hugs before getting into their respective cars and calling it a night. naomi, soraya, justyce and jayah were riding with johan. lee lee, sassy and the twins were riding home with tae. kenneth was taking kim and bunny home while donte and kimora were riding with gia.

it wasn't a long drive since the latte household wasn't that far from the mall. once gia pulled up to their house, kimora thanked gia for the ride and bud the older girl goodnight before heading into the house. dante on the other hand, waited for a while before asking gia a question that he had been debating over for a few months.

"you plan on going to prom?"

"of course i am" gia chuckled, her johannesburg accent slipping out ever so slightly. "jojo practically begged me to go, but he might take justyce with him now"

dante nodded in response. messing with his hair before looking over at gia. his eyes meeting her bright and brown ones.

"would you go with me?"

"you for real?" gia asked, pausing her movements.

"lol. yes, dead serious" dante confirmed. "i know it's not all extravagant and shit but i'm honestly just winging it right now"

gia let out a small laugh.

"you know i don't care about any of the dramatics" gia rolled her eyes despite the smile resting on her glossed lips. "what made you ask me, though?"

"want me to be honest?"

"well i don't want you to lie" gia looked over at her best friend sarcastically.

"smartass" dante mumbled before he took a deep breath. "i like you... like on some real feelings type shit"

"for how long?"

"come on man, you asking too many questions, answer mines first" dante exaggerated.

"yes, i'll go to prom with you" gia smiled, a blush covering her face to which dante laughed at. "shut up"

dante's phone vibrated on his lap, a message from his older sister telling him to come in the house for dinner.

"ight, i gotta head inside, let me know when you make it in"

"wait, d" gia called out to the boy just as he opened the car door. dante looked at her for a brief moment before she took her seatbelt off and leaned over to press a chaste kiss to dante's lips. "i like you too"

"you so cheesy" dante shook his head, hiding his blush as he got out of the car.

gia waited until he was in the house before pulling off and making her way home.

just wait until the girls hear about this !

AUTHOR'S NOTE : hey y'all ! i am currently recovering from a bad cold ( its that season now 🙄 ) which is why I haven't really been updating as much but I'm backkkkkksss and hope y'all enjoy this long chapter 🫶🏼
be safe out there !