chapter 73 universe

Haley's POV
"Can we just forget everything that's happened between us?"
I eagerly nod my head. "Yes please."
Something mysterious sparks in Cameron's eyes. He glances around. "Come on."
"Where?" I giggle excitedly.
"It's a surprise."
I slide my converse on and hop in the car. We start off somewhere and I grow anxious.
"Before we get there, um. I'm really sorry about everything with Lia."
"I already forgave you."
"I know. Also, what's up with Jack?"
"I don't know. He's just a friend. You have to trust me Cam. You are everything to me." I gaze at his perfection, longingly, until the car rolls to a stop.
"Here we are."
"The beach? It's not really a surprise." I weave my fingers through his.
"Stand right... here." He points to a certain spot in the sand and I obey.
"Now what?"
"Now I stand... here. Yes." He smiles, causing my heart to flutter.
"What are you doing?"
"This-" He motions around. "This is where I first laid my eyes on you."
I tilt my head, curious.
"The night you moved here from New York. You met Nash and I." He approaches me and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I was a dick."
We giggle together and I hug myself to his chest and hold him as tight as I can.
"We're not finished though. Come on."
We get back in the car and he instructs me to close my eyes.
Once I open them, I see iHop.
"This." He leads me inside and we sit down. "This is the table we had our first meal together on. You didn't want me here and you left anyways."
Before I have a chance to respond, he's dragging me back into the car.
"Now I would take you to all the places I've beaten jack up, but there's just not enough time in the day."
I roll my eyes and laugh.
He takes me to Neal's Diner, our first date.
He takes me to the theater where the premiere of Expelled was, noting how I supported him even though we were split up then.
He takes me to the hospital, where he says was the scariest time of his life when I was in a coma.
He takes me to his house, pointing out where we first had sex, earning a round of laughs from me.
He takes me to a different spot on the beach, closer to the water, retelling how our first kiss went. "And I swear," He kisses me again. "Every time I kiss you, it's greater than the last."
I stand before him, completely speechless. "Why are you doing this?"
"Hold on."
The next thing I know, we are inside of the extremely fancy restaurant I went to with all the boys. "This place is special." He pulls me to the front, ignoring the waiter trying to serve us.
"This is where I fell in love with you."
Tears fill my eyes.
"This is where everything came crashing down and I realized you were one. When you went up on stage and sang your heart out.
I search his eyes, trying to hold back the tears. "I don't know what to say."
"Don't say anything. There's one last place."
We arrive at the beach again and I search my memory. What else happened here?
The stars appear over our heads and chill my skin.
"This is one of my favorites."
I smile. "Why?"
"Because. This is where we promised each other we would never leave. We promised we would never leave each other."
I furrow my eyebrows and before I can ask for clarification, he's kneeling down on one knee. "Listen. I know that we're too young to marry each other."
My jaw drops and I start shaking.
He opens a box, revealing a simple diamond ring. "It's just a commitment ring."
I pull him to his feet so I can drown in his eyes as he speaks.
"I just... I love you so much. Every second that I'm with you is impossibly perfect." He slides the ring onto my finger while still talking.
"There aren't words to accurately describe how much I love you."
All I do is kiss him.
Harder and more desperate than ever.
"Cameron, you're everything to me. I will never leave you. I promise. Everything else is so chaotic. And I'm sorry I'm a mess. But when I'm with you, I feel... like my life is and always has been perfect."
He smiles and kisses me like we're the only two people on the universe.
And as far as I'm concerned, we are.
🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃
A/N: you guys are rad.