Hɪs Dᴏʟʟ Oғ Sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ Fʟᴇsʜ

Start from the beginning

You shot up.

Your head reeling.

It took you a moment to shake it off and realise where you were.

Looking around you took in your surroundings. Then calmed your breathing. Relaxing.

You were in bed. Wrapped up in the Empire's duvet. Though he hadn't gone to bed yet. Everyone else had left to turn in for the night. Prussia showing the guests to their rooms. But German Empire had told you to go to his room, then turned away towards the main bathroom. Rather than his en-suite.

How was he still not back yet?

It had been long enough for you to drift off, falling into a dream state. Then waking back up again.

Was he oka-

The door slammed open.

Speak of the devil.

The Empire stumbled pathetically into the room. His feet swaying, his body tumbling. He was clearly inebriated. The whiskey he had been drinking at dinner had gotten to his head. Intoxicating his ill mind.

German Empire stumbled his way across the room, then dropped onto his velvet chair. The same place he had slept for so long.

You watched as he sat with his legs open, an elbow on his knee, his other arm leaning on his leg. His head in his hand. "You good there buddy?" You asked the Empire, your head tilted. He didn't reply, a mere scoff fell from his lips. Strings of German gibberish emitting from his throat in a deep mutter. His head must have been spinning like a wheel.

You stood to feet, throwing yourself from the bed. Landing with a muffled pat. "Hellooo, anyone home in there?" You jeered, approaching his resting body. The Empire failed to reply again. His head seemed to be in the clouds. His mind running far from his body, gone with the wind. But to you, he was a slightly ill man sitting still with a raging headache. No matter how drifted his mind was. His body would always stay. Proving to be the one factor that showed he was not fabricated, but corporeal to your eyes. Even if it didn't seem like it to him in this moment.

Your shadow fell over his hunched body. Opting him to finally raise his head, meeting your eyes with his usual phlegmatic expression. Or lack thereof.

"Was?" He muttered. A deep guttural vibration expelling from deep in his throat. Drawing a growl from him once his word had been uttered. You shrugged, "Where were you?" Questioned you, while you crossed your arms. He groaned as a response, tired and shattered. His hands shaking. Then he reached forwards, grasping onto your jumper, pulling you onto him. Your arms unfolded, your elbows now resting on his shoulders. A surprised yelp left your lips, your eyes wide and staring up at the face of the Empire. But you didn't get to look at him for long, as he set his head on your shoulder. Covering his void face in your neck.

He breathed in. Basking in the smell you expelled. Which in hindsight was probably pure sweat. You had woken up with a jolt after all. But it didn't seem like German Empire minded, if at all. As his arms pulled you closer, sighing through his chest. His breathing stalling momentarily.

Your hands moved down, unravelling from his shoulders, attempting to hold the arm of the chair. Desperate for some semblance of stability. But you missed, your hands slipping, grasping onto his leg instead.

Your eyes widened.

The keys.

You could feel them in his pocket.

They were hard and thin, slightly rusted as part of their surface crumbled. Spilling flecks into his pocket.

The Empire was so out of it right now. Would he even notice if you were to take them from him? It didn't seem like he would be capable of realising it. Hope was strong, but your perseverance stronger.