Chapter 9

Nunew's palm feel so cold yet so sweaty. He wanted to turn his car out of the parking area away from that house but he stop himself. He close his eyes. He had to do this.

He step out of his car and then stare at the grand mansion where he actually grew up. His eyes automatically fall at the attic. He close his eyes again. That's where his uncle used to locked the younger him when he's mad. That's where he found his mother's diary.

He swallowed hard and gently open his eyes.

He needs to do this. If only Zee was with him today. His boyfriend needs to attend an important meeting and will arrive at the Perdpiriyawong's mansion tomorrow to attend the two day gathering of his family. It was his grandpa's birthday and will also be The Perdpiriyawong Family reunion too. It will be attended by his relatives, closest family friends and business partners. His boyfriend's parents will grace the said occassion too.

He tried to swallow the bitter taste in his mouth. He had to stop hating these people.

He breath in and then breath out. He strode towards the door of the mansion. His heart beating erratically when he opened it. He was welcomed by the sound of laughter and relaxing music. He sigh and then continue walking inside.

He chose to wear a light blue dress shirt and a pair of black trouser. He didn't want to draw attention to himself.

He wanted to look as presentable as possible for his family tonight.

His eyes wandered around. It's already eight in the evening and there are alot of guests already. He saw his grandfather talking to Zee's father. His grandpa looked very pleased.

Once again, he tried to swallowed the bitterness in his mouth. He could do this. "Hello, Nunew!"

He tightly shut his eyes when he heard that voice. Just his luck. He opened his eyes to see Bright Chivaaree.

These past few weeks, he tried to avoid him. Thanks to Zee, who was always beside him that Bright can't get near him. But now his boyfriend is not around...

"What are you doing here?"

The bastard just laugh. "Why, my parents are financial supporters of your grandfather, of course. Have you forgotten already? My parents gave a hefty sum of money for your grandfather's campaign just last election. Of course, we're here for his birthday."

His lips twisted into a grimace.

After the scandal that happened between him, Bright and Jannine, Bright's parents still continue to support his grandfather.

"You know my parents could've easy withdrawn their support to your grandpa but I convinced them not to. Do you know why?" He didn't even realize that Bright was just standing a few centimeters away from him. Bright's eyes were intense as he stared at him.

"I don't know and I don't care." He replied coldly.

He turned around to leave but Bright quickly grab his arm. "Where's your boy toy?"

He harshly pull his arm back. "He's my boyfriend."

The bastard laugh sarcastically. "Really? What? Are you doing this to please your family? You don't need that bastard, I could~~~"

"Will you stop it, Bright? Please. I really don't want to talk to you right now, so please leave me alone!"

He turned around to walk away from Bright. Thankfully, he was able to avoid the bastard's attempt to grab his arm again. But the slight raise of their voices earned them some of guests' attention.

He bit his lower lip hard. He decided to strode towards the mansion's terrace to get some fresh air. But before he reach his desired destination, someone grab his arm again.