three

{wow loTS OF JOSHLER IN THIS CHAPTER}

My eyes widened and I went to say something to me but he noticed I saw him and he put his hand over my mouth and shoved me into the dressing room, sliding the door closed behind him.

"Are you crazy?!" I whisper-shouted to him and he smirked at me, releasing me from his grip.

"Probably," he grinned. "I'm Tyler. You?"

"Josh... This is illegal."

"And?" He asked me.

"You can get arrested and thrown in jail! Why would you steal from Hot Topic?" I said as quiet as possible, and he just rolled his eyes, still smirking.

"Why wouldn't you steal from hot topic? A t-shirt is like, twenty bucks. That's a lot. Also, it's easy to do it, so why not? It's like a field day when I come in here."

"Wha-? I..." I couldn't find the words to say anything and he just stood back and looked at me.

"Now, would you be quiet and just follow me? Honestly, the only way I'll get caught is if you don't shush!" He laughed and I closed my mouth from saying anything. He slid the door open and we both walked out, me not saying a word. I probably looked really nervous and guilty.

"Lighten up, would you?" He joked, 

I'm not straight-edge by no means, I have no problem smoking or drinking or failing all my classes and not giving a shit but not stealing from places you could actually get in trouble for.

This cute guy is pretty hardcore. It's actually kind of hot, now that I think about it.

He takes my hand and drags me towards the front of the store and he waves to the guy at the counter who waves back. I wince as we are about to go through the sensors, but much to my relief, they didn't go off. I sigh as we are out of the store.

"You're a savage, bro." I laughed and he did too. "What can I say? I'm good at what I do!" We start walking and I frown at him. "You do this other places?"

"Heck yeah. Hot Topic, Forever 21, FYE, American Eagle, Vans. Basically anywhere except for places like Apple or Best Buy where their stuff is locked up, haven't reached that level yet."

I was amazed by how... bad this guy was. He honestly looked normal. He didn't seem like the type to commit crimes.

"This is all so overwhelming." I tell him, and he nods. "I understand if you never ever want to talk to me again." He tells me, looking down at his shoes.

"No!" I say a little to persistently. "You seem cool, we should be friends." I tell him, hoping I'm making the right decision. "As long as you aren't a muderer too," I joke and he laughs.

"Awesome! Let me see your phone." He says, and I'm reluctant to give it to him. What if he steals it?

He rolls his eyes, basically reading my mind. "I'm not going to steal your phone, I have one." He says and I hand it to him. He types a few things before his own phone dings. "There, now we both have each others numbers." He hands my phone back and I nod, slipping it in my pocket.

"How long will you be here?" He asks, checking the time. I groan. "I'm stuck here until 6, my little sister and her friends are here." I say and he grins. "Perfect! We can hang out and, get to know each other." He winks at me and I laugh at him, causing him to laugh back.

This Tyler guy is very flirty.

"Want to grab some food? It's on me!" I tell him. "Why that sounds lovely, thank you Josh." He mocks in a British accent and we walk over to the food court. I ordered a cheese pizza and he ordered a white pizza with sausage on it.

"What is 'white pizza'? Why you got to be racist?" I joke as we sit down, and he chuckles.

"It's a different cheese, and it has an olive oil base instead of the normal pizza sauce. It's really good!"

I nod. "Yeah, sounds familiar. My sister gets that I think. Is it vegetarian?"

"Well, without the sausage it would be! Why, are you a vegetarian? I would but... bacon." He says.

"I am a semi-vegetarian... it's a thing, don't give me that look. And bacon is gross." I say. "How do people eat it? It has like 3 pounds of grease on it and it's mostly fat. Yuck."

"Okay, I did not agree to hang out with some hot pink-haired guy just for him to tell me he hates bacon. A total turn-off."

Suddenly, it's like I forgot how to use my basic social skills, I don't know how to react.

"Y-You think I'm hot?" I stutter, and he rolls his eyes.

"Well, yes. Wouldn't you think you are?"

"I-I, don't know?" I say more as a question and he leans a little towards me.

"You're crazy." He tells me and I scoff.

"Says the guy who just stole half of hot topic's inventory."

He smiles at me and looks into my eyes. "But you're also funny."