thirty-one; first climax

Start from the beginning

"You don't get strong without practising," I say. "Remember that."

"This is just embarrassing for everyone involved." He rolls over as I stand up and hold out my hand for him to take.

I shake my head. "Nothing embarrassing about training, Milo. It's what makes us better, faster, stronger. You've got the right technique, you just need more confidence and drive. It will come with time."

"Not if I get killed in this attack," he mumbles under his breath.

My head turns to him sharply, eyes boring into his blue ones. "Don't you dare say shit like that." I snap harshly. "Why would you say that?"

Milo's eyes widen, throat clenching. "Sorry, it was a joke."

Fury and panic and nausea flies through me. "It's not funny." I scowl with discomfort.

I don't even want that thought in my head. Defending my pack to find out that Milo... my stomach lurches. I can't even think about the rest of that sentence. My chest tightens and I want to squeeze my eyes shut before images of Milo on the floor hurt, bloodied and bruised come into play.

He steps forward and cups my hand with his, running his thumb across my knuckles. I'm sure we can both feel my blood thrash through my veins. "I'm gonna be fine," he says. "I'm being dramatic and morbid and I didn't mean it."

"Good," I lean forward to pinch his face between my vacant hand and I bring our noses together. A little gasp leaves Milo's lips as I stare down at him, my angry expression evident. "Because if you say shit like that again, you're not going to like it."

Milo's eyes dilate at my heavy words and I can hear our breathing becoming louder by the second. "Is that a threat?" He asks.

"If you want it to be."

We stare at each other for a few long moments, registering the sound of each other's breathing.

I release his face and his hand. "Right," I say hoarsely. "Let's fight, I want to see your skills on attacking."

He merely nods before straightening out his shirt. We stand back from each other, clear tension in the air. Good tension. I hope it will bring the beast out in Milo, to show me all of his skills and everything he can offer.

Then we're fighting. We wrestle against the floor, pinning one another down.

I have no idea what happened in the last couple of seconds but Milo's attention is focused on the training, on his movements and even though he needs a lot more practice, he has impressed me.

Keeping that mind focused is vital to protection.

Our skin becomes sweaty and then infused with dirt from the ground. At one point Milo rips off his t-shirt, desire to do well in his eyes. I copy his actions and take mine off too, I love the way he gulps when he sees my naked chest.

But we fight until we're both out of breath.

At some point I let up my strength and Milo pushes me to the floor with a thud, then he mounts my body and pins my hands to the side of my head. I don't even fight at this point because I want him to have it, and my body feels fucking exhausted.

I stare up at him and his glistening skin, eyes full of life. His dark hair is coated in sweat but fuck, it's a good look on him.

His hands close around my wrists as we continue to stare at each other. I'm perfectly aware of the fact our crotches are placed directly on top of one another and my wolf is ready to pounce.

Oh, I'm fucking desperate for it.

Milo leans down and I press my head up from the ground, our lips meeting somewhere halfway. He releases my wrists and then I bury my hands in the back of his hair, tugging him down to me with a soft groan.