Chapter 3: Beyond a Super Saiyan

As Kienzan and Ryuko made their way back to Honnouji the morning after Senketsu was discovered, they were greeted with a strange sight. Mako, their friend, was tied up to a pole, looking helpless and confused. Ryuko couldn't help but ask, "Mako? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in class?"

Before Mako could reply, a tall, imposing girl emerged from behind the pole, revealing herself to be Hakodate, the captain of the Tennis Club. Her yellow eyes gleamed with malice, and her two long blonde pigtails swayed as she spoke. She wore a white dress adorned with two stars on the front, and the bottom of the dress was stuffed with tennis balls. To top it off, she held an enormous red tennis racket with spikes protruding from the ridge.

"I can answer that for you," Hakodate hissed, her voice sounding like that of a rattlesnake. "This rebellious girl didn't show up for practice, so we're going to punish her with the Tennis Club's iconic 110 Million Ball Serve."

Ryuko and Kienzan exchanged a look of confusion. They had no idea Mako was part of the Tennis Club. But before they could say anything, Ryuko spoke up, her voice filled with determination. "I won't let you hurt my friend. Senketsu, let's take her down!"

However, to their surprise, Senketsu remained unresponsive. Ryuko tried talking to him, but he wouldn't transform. Meanwhile, Hakodate and her lackeys were getting impatient.

"Enough talk," Hakodate sneered. "If you won't fight back, we'll just have to get rid of you. Bye-bye!" With that, the Tennis Club launched a barrage of tennis balls at Ryuko, sending her flying over the wall and into a nearby sewage system. As Kienzan witnessed the scene, he let out an irritated click of his tongue and shifted his attention to Hakodate. With a defiant voice, he warned her, "Don't think this is over, woman. Ryuko will be back, and I'll be right there with her. Now, go and bother someone else, you punk!" Kienzan hurried to Mako's side, quickly untying her and then leaping away with her. As he carried her on his back, he yelled, "Sayonara!" and plunged into the sewage system in pursuit of Ryuko. Mako clung tightly to him as they disappeared into the darkness. The Tennis Club was about to give chase, but Hakodate intervened and said, "Don't worry, they'll be back. I'm sure of it."

(TIMESKIP)

Kienzan and Mako trekked through the murky and foul-smelling sewers, their senses assaulted by the putrid stench that emanated from the murky water. As they moved forward, they stumbled upon a sandy shore, which was adjacent to a metallic door that looked like it led to a secret chamber. However, their attention was drawn to a more pressing matter - Ryuko, lying unconscious and drenched by the water. It was evident that she had endured a barrage of attacks, and her body bore the marks of a fierce battle. Kienzan sprang into action, pulling Mako out of the water before rushing to Ryuko's side. With a sense of relief, he checked her pulse, confirming that she was still breathing. Just then, the metallic door creaked open, revealing the history teacher of Honnouji Academy, Aikuro Mikisugi.

"Well hello there Masenko, how would you be on this fine morning?"

"MIkisugi? What are you doing here? Scratch that, HOW are you here? Where does that door even lead to?"

"Oh well, that would be my own home of course." Kienzan and Mako just sat there stunned that Mikisugi's home was connected to a sewer, rather convenient considering the circumstances. Regardless, Kienzan and Mako followed Mikisugi into his home, with Ryuko resting in Kienzan's arms. Kienzan laid Ryuko down on the couch, and after conversing with Mikisugi for a few minutes, Ryuko started to stir on the couch. Mikisugi, Kienzan, and Mako turned their attention to the dark-haired girl, and slowly but surely, she opened her eyes. Now, here's the current predicament that the others were in. While Ryuko was sleeping, Mikisugi undressed Ryuko out of her cold, foul-smelling, wet clothes to prevent her from getting a cold. All that covered her was a loose small blanket. So when she woke up and sat up abruptly, the speed at which Kienzan moved to wrap his coat around Ryuko was otherworldly.