Unfortunately, somebody was watching as her social worker entered the room and cleared her throat to try to get the attention of the girl. This ultimately failed as the young girl happily danced, her wild red hair swaying crazily.

She spun on her heel, in her sock clad feet and immediately jumped nearly ten foot in the air at the presence of people in the room.
"Fuck, give a girl some warning." She whined, as she immediately tugged her headphones out and paused her music as she started to feel conscious of all of the adults seeming to be staring in her direction.

This was the first full look the two women had gotten at the girl and their hearts immediately warmed without even speaking to her properly yet. She had a mop of messy red hair on her head, a heavily freckled face and warm dark brown eyes that seemed to sparkle with curiosity as she watched the two women. Carina could have cooed at her cuteness but she held herself back, the girl was a mere 5 foot something, with baggy black dungarees, a sweater underneath that seemed to hang off her small frame with very obviously odd socks on her feet. She assumed the battered white converse that were carelessly strewn across the room, a large space apart from one another were hers.

Carina frowned at her language, naturally transitioning into momma bear mode as she fought the urge to scold the girl. They'd just met and she wanted her to like them, she was sure starting off their relationship by telling her off probably wouldn't bode well. Luckily, Jennifer did the job for her and sent her a warning look before she turned back to the two women with a kind smile.

"This is Fynleigh, Fynleigh, this is Maya and Carina Deluca-Bishop. They're the family I mentioned that are interested in fostering you."

Fynleigh's demeanour seemed to have instantly changed at the presence of the two new women, giving them both a sheepish smile and an awkward wave.

"How about I leave you three to get acquainted with each other while I finish up my side of the paperwork." Jennifer smiled, gently nodding in encouragement toward the two women as both seemed nervous to approach the young girl. Fynleigh retreated back to the familiar half empty bean bag, wiggling in her spot to get comfortable. She started to slowly pick at her nails, letting out a small, but not undetected by the two women (who had decided that despite the adequately sized room they were in - the best place to sit would be right in front of her), huff as a strand of hair that had fell in her face rose in the air with her motion.

"I bet you've read my file and gawped at the dark and twisty stuff. I bet you don't want me now." Fynleigh finally spoke up into the awkward silence, clearly lacking a filter.

"Bambina, we don't care about any of that. We want to get to know who Fynleigh is from you." Carina smiled softly at the girl, fighting the instinct to reach out to give her a gentle squeeze. The red head didn't seem to be thrilled by their closeness and probably wouldn't take too kindly to physical touch right now, as she seemed to try to sink further into the flat beanbag.

Fynleigh let out a loud snort, it's not that she was a bitch or anything but she'd had so many false promises in her life and she barely knew the two women.
"Carina snores like a train. I sometimes look over in bed and she's got a little puddle of drool." Maya suddenly announced as Carina looked at her incredulously, her cheeks heating up while Fynleigh seemed to sit up a bit more.

"I'm trying to level the playing field my love, we basically just read her whole life and she knows nothing about us. Plus- this room is soo awkward right now.' Maya chuckled at her wife's embarrassed expression, even Fyn cracking a small smile as Carina smacked her on the arm playfully.

"Maya can't cook to save her life, do not trust her to cook for you. I'm the chef in the family." Carina continued as she cottoned on to her wife's game, watching the young girl carefully as she hadn't realised she had used the word family but thankfully there was no visible response.

"Carina is obsessed with vaginas, she even did a study on org-"
"Era per scopi scientifici! Maya, stai zitta. Ciò è del tutto inappropriato. È così piccola, solo una bambina." Carina scolded with her hands frantically moving as she cut Maya off, who smirked and held her hands up in mock surrender.

Maya glanced at her wife with a comical expression, her eyebrow raised as she tried to guess what the hell she was saying.

"Does she always do this?" Fynleigh laughed quietly, surprising Maya that she felt comfortable enough to laugh with them.
"Get used to it kid, you're stuck with us. I mean-that's if you want to be." Maya quickly backtracked, getting too eager as she looked up in a panic fearing that she'd upset the young girl.

"You can't be that bad. Looks like you're loosing your favourite person Jenny, for the time being." Fyn smirked at her social worker, noticing her leaning against the door frame with a smile. Carina was so glad the young girl seemed to have warmed up to them but her heart dropped at her final comment, noticing that she expected to be brought back at some point. If Carina had to spend all the time in the world, loving the girl and ensuring her that she would become a permanent part of their home (if she wished to) she happily would.

"Ready to go kid?" Maya smiled as she stuck out her hand to try and help her up.

The young girl immediately avoided her hand, pushing herself up and picking up a worn down backpack that both women noticed didn't seem all that full. Was she ready to go? All she could think was what a bloody loaded question that was.