🔮New Face🔮

Vickie
Vickie stood up against the tile wall with her arms across her chest. She was more than annoyed ,she was currently standing at the subway station , listening to Larry hustle and clown around with his " friends". She knew Larry was a hustler but when he asked her if she wanted to go out she didn't think she would be playing the background to his foreground. Was this supposed to be a date ? Was this supposed to be romantic ? Furrowing her eyebrows Vickie had realized that Larry never took her out; it was always hanging out with his all male friend group or hanging out at his place.
She sighed.
Larry turned his head slightly to see Vickie standing on the wall,he could tell that she wasn't really feeling the scene. To brighten up her mood he slowly swaggered up to her with a goofy smile and bear hugged her and gave her kiss's all around her face. She couldn't help but smile, she laughed and hugged him back. Larry picked her up and spinned her around , they both were having a laughing fit.
" Oh , Larry stop your embarrassing me" Vickie laughed out
Larry slowly put her down
Vickie couldn't stop giggling. She kept on laughing trying to catch her breath bending over holding her breath. She took a deep breath and looked up to the subway's ceiling trying to contain any further laughter. All of that laughing left her with a slight headache, she put her palm to her forehead and slowly opened her eyes.
Turning around to look at Larry she was met with a slight smile, she went to lean back on one of the tile walls. Larry went back to clowning with his friends, Vickie starred at Larry and was enamored. Larry could be so sweet sometimes and when she thought they couldn't work he would always pull her back in. She smiled to herself.
While Vickie was daydreaming. A strange sensation came over her as the train pulled through the station. Many had passed through while she was standing down here with Larry and his scheming friends, but this. This felt different. As the train rushed in and Vickie had her eyes trained on its entrance for a second it felt like everything was going in slow-motion.
The train came to a stop and a pile of people started to come off, this was so unusual Vickie was looking for someone but she didn't know what or who, but she couldn't turn away. Then there he was holding two suitcases in his hands, looking lost and confused. It was a black cat which wasn't unusual especially not around here but he was different.

He was tall and chocolate with smooth skin and round facial features with a short clean afro

He was tall and chocolate with smooth skin and round facial features with a short clean afro. Harlem was filled with black people but he was different. She could tell that he wasn't from around here and this intrigued her. He was really tight looking , not much swag or style but clean. He kinda dresses like those white kids that you see on TV, this was a novelty here in Harlem. His pants weren't too tight , or loose. He wore tan corduroy pants and a green turtleneck with a brown jacket over him. Vickie pand down to his shoes and she could see that his socks were white and high and his shoes were brown loafers simple, but she could tell that it was high quality. Looking back into the boy's face he looked lost, he was swinging his head from left to right looking for signs looking for someone to help him.
Larry took notice of the new face as well and he could tell just like Vickie that he was not from around here. Larry thought he would be easy prey, he was thinking about scamming him from his shoes and to whatever was in the suitcase he was carrying. Vickie met eyes with Larry and through his enlarged eyes, raised eyebrows and sly smarks she already knew what was on his mind. And she was not having it, Vickie was well aware that Larry was a hustler but for the most part she didn't like it. For the most part.
This kid looked like a good kid and Vickie thought she and Larry needed much more positivity in their lives. Before she could fully turn around she can see someone was walking towards them. It was the new kid and he looked excited and a little anxious walking towards them. He wore a big smile.
" Hey, how yall doing my name is Lew. Lew Miles " he stampered
Vickie and Larry just stared back at him for a while.
Lew cleared his throat and quickly ran his hands through his afro and continued
"... I was wondering if yall can help me find the boarding house,im supposed to be staying at it's somewhere between 147th street"
" Oh I Live around there, maybe we can take you around there later today, what do you say Larry"
Vicki asked not taking her eyes off of Lew
When Vickie didn't hear a response she turned her head to look at Larry who was staring at her
She couldn't interpret the look that he was giving it was showed some sort of questioning or amusement she couldn't tell, but in that moment it didn't seem that important, she was interested into getting to know this new boy named Lew, not because she thought he was attractive but because he seemed like he could add something positive to their environment and lord knows her and Larry needed it.
Larry turns his attention back to the new face and smirked
" Yeah, man no problem , it looks like you not from around here huh, and what you need to know around these parts nothing comes free so it'a going to cost yah" Larry said with a raised eyebrows waiting for Lews response.
Lew looked even more nervous then before
" ... uh um yeah yeah no problem, would twenty be enough for some directions" Lew pulled out a wallet thick with cash , Larry eyes glowed at the sight
Vickie looked at Larry could she really be shocked about the way Larry was scheming, she new that he was a hustler but he didn't know when to cut it off. She swiped Larry palm down and looked at Lew like he was crazy
" You don't have to pay , we have no problem showing our new friend around Vickie said with a smile
" Ohh my name is Vickie by the way , Vickie Fletcher and this is Larry"
It looked liked that actually met someone with a future and some possible connections

Finally a chapter update, the drama will be rolling in soon. 😀

What are your initial thoughts about the characters so far?