the monster who made me

Börja om från början

Today was different though Lucy seemed more quiet as if she was paranoid about something, two months had already passed and we had gotten close.

"Is something the matter?" I asked Lucy.

"Come closer I need to tell you something important...very important " she said in a slight whispering tone.

"Okay...." I was confused but I did what she said and I walked closer to her than I should but I trusted her. She came close and began whispering in my ear 

"Im planning to leave this hell hole by force I dont know how but don't try to get involved and after some time leave too and go back to your family....we probably won't see eachother again but just know I will stay in the country, if you need help try to find me" she whispered.

"Okay...I will miss you" I whispered back as I smiled sadly at her.

"Don't be so sad this will give you a chance at life" she smiled at me but before she could say anything else Kurama came in.

"Your time is up" he said in his usual serious tone.

"Okay I will see you next week Lucy" I winked at her and she smiled at me.

Well it happened sooner than expected because the next day sirens went off and I heard screaming and I knew right away that it was Lucy, I felt happy and sad knowing she was going to be happy outside but I was gonna miss her. But it couldn't get worse right? Well I was wrong, it had been a few days after Lucy's escape and I was on my way to go to Nana's cell like always but this time a different scientist walked me to the cell and I saw Kurama talking to Nana about something but I was too far to hear.

"Y/n! you're here!" Nana spoke excitedly.

"You seem excited" I smile at her "what's up?".

"Papa is sending me to the outside world to look for Lucy!!" She said excited.

"Wow I'm so happy for you!" I hoped that Lucy wouldn't hurt Nana but I was happy her dream would come true.

"Im leaving tomorrow... but don't worry I will come back and tell you all about it!! So wait for me!" She spoke with her usual smile.

"Don't worry I will wait for you" I smile at her.

Well I waited and waited and one day while Dr. Masao was asking my her usual questions Kurama walked in with a weirdly dark expression on his face.

"Dr. Masao I'm gonna need you to step out for a while" he ordered.

"Of course sir" she walked out of my cell now it just being me and Kurama.

"When Nana found Lucy she wouldn't come back so she was forced to fight her and....she didn't win and had lost her limbs in the process and we had to...put her down" he spoke sadly. "I'm so very sorry Y/n...before passing she told me to tell you "I'm sorry that I didn't come back to tell you my adventure" I hope you can understand that it wasn't our intention to get her killed" As I listened to his words I couldn't help but cry... I had lost another friend and she was so young she didn't deserve this at all.

I became so lonely after the loss of Nana and Lucy, I wasn't as cheerful as I was before. But just in case I waited and waited and waited for her to come back like I promised her and she never did, I knew she was dead but I guess I didn't want to believe it, before I knew it years had passed and at some point Kurama had stopped visiting me and never came back so at that point I only had Dr. Masao.

Like usual Dr. Masao had been questioning me until she stopped for some reason.

"You aren't happy here...are you?" She asked her voice laced with sympathy. "Ever since Nana died you've been different"

"Well this place isnt exactly the best I don't really appreciate being treated like a wild animal" I spoke quietly but loud enough for her to hear "and I cared about Nana she was my friend, I didn't want to lose another" 

"Well I read your file and noticed today was your birthday so I was able to convince the ones running this place to get this for you" she pulled out a small box and unstrapped me from my straightjacket and handed me the box, I opened it and my eyes widened and I began tearing up in the box was the two cut up ribbons that my Papa had given me and there also was the ribbon Mello had given me for my birthday all those years ago.

"Dr. Masao...how did you...what?" I said holding the three ribbons in my hands as tears poured down my eyes.

"They never throw the items of a Diclonious incase we cure them and so we can give it back so they can continue their life" she smiled at me "happy 18th birthday Y/n"

I had spent most of her visit with me crying as I told her stories of my time at Wammys while holding the ribbons near me.

"Y/n I'll but these ribbons back in the box and put them in the table over there so you can hold them during your questioning" she looked around and came close to me as she strapped me back into my straight jacket but before putting my helmet back on she whispered "tomorrow you will have a chance to leave you will know when" then she walked away.

_________________________________________
THIS FEELS SO RUSHED IM SORRY IT DOESN'T REALLY SHOW HOW Y/N BUILT THE RELATIONSHIPS BUT I SWEAR ILL MAKE UP FOR IT anyway remember what I always say!!! Criticism is welcomed just dont be an asshole and questions are welcome!!!