Chapter Twenty-Five

Börja om från början

"Partner B, place your right hand on your partner's waist. It shouldn't wrap all the way around, in fact, it should appear pretty relaxed." Miss Nishimura instructs. Bakugou steps forward slightly, resting his hand tensely against my hip. Even through my baggy t-shirt, I feel the warmth that radiates from his hand.

"Jesus Christ, why is your hand so hot?" I scoff sarcastically, "Don't tell me you're going to get sweat all over my brand new shirt."

"What the fuck do you want me to do about it? It's my quirk." He hisses angrily.

I laugh, "I'm joking, Bakugou. I don't care." His hand relaxes slightly, resting more naturally against my waist. There's something about the warmth of his touch that is relaxing. My body's been conditioned into expecting pain everytime it experiences human touch. It's so used to enduring violence.

For someone who likes to use me as his personal punching bag in training, his touch is surprisingly gentle now.

Nishimura POV

Partner dancing is always difficult. Awkward at first. Partners trying to get comfortable with one another, learn the other's style, to match and play off each other's energies. Learning to trust each other.

Young Himiko and her partner Bakugou do not have that problem after their initial hesitation.

He reads her motion, adjusting to her flowing style. I don't know the extent of their relationship, but they're comfortable with physical contact. Their chemistry is so...natural.

Mako and I demonstrate the next part of the choreography. We dance facing each other, just inches apart. Reflecting each other's movements like a mirror. Then, I spin around and fall backwards into his arms.

In the past, I've had trouble teaching this part. People don't feel comfortable blindly trusting their partner. I start the music and encourage everyone to try their best. Mako nudges my arm and gestures vaguely towards Himiko and Bakugou.

They face each other, exhilaratingly close. Despite being blind, her eyes look right into Bakugou's. Himiko smiles slightly, almost teasing her partner. Although appearing overconfident at times, the boy clearly matches her movement, not the other way around.

He recognizes her as the more skilled dancer.

She turns quickly—but fluidly, raising an arm in the air, lifting a pointed foot, and falling back without hesitation. The boy catches her with ease, pulling her close to him before setting her properly on her feet. The two turn to the front of the room, waiting calmly to be instructed of what's next.

What an insane duo.

Their movement is so easy and controlled.

* * *

After class, Bakugou goes to change and I pull Himiko to the side, "You did very well in class today, Miss Himiko." I glance around, "May I ask how you and young Bakugou know each other? Today made it very apparent that you two are very athletic but also quite familiar with each other."

The girl nods slowly, "We're UA students. We're classmates. We've trained together. We've fought together."

Everything clicks into place, "That makes a lot of sense. You two have a very natural chemistry and trust."

Himiko laughs, "That's very generous. Most of our days are filled with fighting against each other. We're more rivals than friends."

"Either way, I can tell you two are aware of each other's physical limits. It makes for a very balanced pair dance." I smile, but the girl's expression darkens slightly.

"...thank you, Miss Nishimura."

Still, she bows respectfully and turns to leave. Her spiky-haired partner falls into step next to her and I watch the pair leave. The boy hands her her bag and she quietly thanks him.

As they walk, both of them walk tenderly, as if they were sore. The tank top that Bakugou wears reveals bruises peeking from under the fabric, scattered around his shoulders. I'd also noticed a series of scrapes along Himiko's forearms, as if she'd fallen on concrete.

Both teens look beat-up and sore, something that doesn't normally show in their dancing, but it shows now. It makes sense that they might get a bit roughed up training in such a prestigious school as UA, but even then, it's still a lot for any teenager to endure.

Come to think of it...the UA Sports Festival is soon...

A/N: Thanks for reading, I know this chapter is kind of terrible.

Burnout is hitting me hard and I'm so busy with work and school. I hope I can get more chapters out in the next couple months, but I can't make any promises about that.

But I really want to finish this eventually. Thanks to everyone who has supported this book so far and thank you for your patience😅, I'm so grateful!

💜 Jay