Chapter 1: Flower Festival Day Morning

The sun rises from the sky, and as soon as the sunlight hits Rose's face....

Rose: ( wakes up with a gasp ) ( yells out of excitement, waking Ferdinand and Rocky: ) Flower Festival Day!

Rocky: ( groans ) Five more minutes...

Rose: Sleep can wait, it's flower festival day!!!

Ferdinand chuckled in response to the twins.

Ferdinand then opened a slightly open door, and let the twins go out the door first. Rose happily walked out the door as she was excited for the festival, while Rocky tiredly followed her. Ferdinand struggled to get through the doorway, but he was able to get out the door. Then, Ferdinand and the twins stretched like dogs, and let out loud yawns, which bellowed out loudly. They then turned to see that the rooster was sleeping on a small roof.

Ferdinand: ( to the rooster: ) Jorge, rise and shine, buddy.

Rocky: ( to the rooster, shouting: ) Come on, Jorge, wake up! Let's go!

Jorge the rooster gets startled awake by Rocky, and then crows for the others to wake up.

Ferdinand: ( happily: ) Music to my ears. ( to the twins: ) It's gonna be a good one, my sprouts. Oh, I can feel it in my horns.

The three then heard the bark of Paco and saw that he was herding the chickens into the coop.

Ferdinand: Hey, Paco!

Rose quickly ran to the dog while Ferdinand and Rocky walked up to him.

Rocky: Paco! Pac-attack.

Ferdinand: ( to Paco: ) Hey, dawg. You stoked about the big day?

Paco: Stoked? Have any of you seen me stoked? Look, I've got some bad news and good news.

Rose: ( to Paco: ) Nope. Gonna stop you right there-y, Uncle Paco. No bad news is allowed today. ( looks up to Ferdinand ) Right, Papa?

Ferdinand: That's right, Rosie. Because today, is Flower Festival Day. Only the greatest day of the year.

Rocky: ( to Paco, honestly: ) Sorry, Uncle Pac, but whatever the bad news is, Rose and Dad aren't going to listen to it today.

Paco: ( to the three: ) Okay, that's the thing. This year-

Rose then cutely booped Paco's nose with her hoof.

Rose: Hold that thought, Uncle Paco.

Rocky: Hey, Maria! You ready to put those wings to work?

Ferdinand then placed a small plank on a rock. Maria then came out of the coop and went to sit on one end of the plank.

Paco: Hey, hey, hey. I just finished herding those chickens.

Ferdinand: Launch.

Ferdinand stomped on the other end of the plank, launching Maria into the sky, freaking Ferdinand and the twins out a little.

Rose: Maria?

Ferdinand: Oh, no. Maria?

Paco: ( not amused: ) Well, congratulations, you three shot Maria into the sun.