Chapter 31

hehehe~

Vilem pulled Mika's seat, grinning as the shifter whispered a thank you between two hiccups. The Vampire took out the silver cover that was hiding a caesar salad with chicken breasts, which he learnt was Mika's favorite plate. He then sat, having the same plate as the panther. As a vampire, he could eat human food, even though it wouldn't give him any nutrients.

They both ate in silence, Mika complimenting Vilem's cooking skills and letting out small moans without knowing which made the King's dick twitch. The taller man cleared his throat after it happened one too many times and Mika looked up innocently at him with a lettuce peeking out of his full lips coated in white sauce. Seeing the Vampire's dark eyes, the panther immediately sucked the lettuce in his mouth and whipped his mouth with a napkin, his ears reddening under his dark bangs.

After the dinner was well advanced and Vilem felt like it was time, he put down his fork, gathering his hands in the middle of the table.

"I have something to say." Vilem said with a somber tone. It immediately drew Mika's attention and he also put down his cutlery. The Vampire watched concerned as the shifter's whole demeanor changed, his shoulders hunching and his pupils expanding with worry.

"It's nothing bad, I think. And it's not about you!" The King immediately specified, not wanting to scare Mika even further.

"It's about your father. I want him gone, but I need someone to replace him. I want to know if you are interested in being the Beasts' King. I think you would be more than able to do it, but I want to hear your opinion. What do you want to do for life? Do you want to translate and edit documents as a living or do you want to rule a Kingdom? In my opinion, both come with advantages and disadvantages. Your choice would change nothing of my opinion about you."

Mika blinked, not expecting this. He had thought that his mental problems had been too much of a burden to Vilem, or that the man had found someone else he loved. He had thought of many scenarios, but never this one.

At first, the word 'no' wanted to come out of his mouth. It was, after all, a reminder of all the hate he received from the shifter community. He was chased by his own father, insulted on the web. People were warning their children not to become like him. However, it was only what he saw on the shifters' board. He had never met another shifter in person after his flight from the castle.

Truthfully, he didn't want to meet new people. He didn't want to go out, to face insults, to maybe risk being harmed, mentally or physically. It would also require him to meet his father, his abuser. Because that's what the man was, an abuser. It would bring back old trauma that he didn't want to face, he just wanted to bury it all inside.

Being King also meant responsibilities. It meant taking decisions that would bring real consequences. His every word would be discussed and judged.

However, the shifters were soon going to hit a wall.

His father was a dictator, an unfair ruler that didn't care about the lives of his people.

Maybe Mika would be scorned, maybe he would be insulted. Even though he wanted nothing more than to refuse, the panther knew it would be letting his community down. They needed him. The shifters needed a new ruler that would bring them salvation, because they were currently drowning.

Drowning in hate, in debts, in hopelessness. They wouldn't be able to pull themselves out of the quicksand they were stuck in if there wasn't a helping hand coming from the exterior to help them. Mika didn't think of himself as a savior, far from it. He would just try to help them see all the opportunities that were already in front of them, dissolving the blindfold red from rage that was covering their eyes.

That was all he would do, then he would leave his throne to a more deserving person.

He couldn't give up on his people, even if they gave up on him first. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself.

With his mind set, Mika looked up at the waiting Vampire. Seeing the new light in his partner's turquoise eyes, the King knew that he would have to make sure his panther successfully got the crown he deserved.

"I will do it, I will become the new Beasts' King." Mika said, making the Vampire smile with a proud look. He knew it was a decision hard to make, but he was glad that the shifter chose this path. He would have understood if Mika wanted to remain in his current position, and he would have supported him all the way in his decision. However, he felt like the panther was more than able to rule a kingdom. He would be a gentle, but firm ruler, that made wise decisions with his people in mind. Even if Mika didn't see it now, as Vilem could still see some hesitation and humbleness in the shifter man's eyes, he could feel it in his guts.

Mika was born to be King.

"Perfect, I will make the preparations needed. You should prepare a little speech for when I give you the crown." Vilem answered, slightly getting from his seat so he could caress Mika's face with a tenderness he didn't even know he had. The shifter fluttered his lashes, shy from the fond look he was receiving. When Vilem's fingertips left his right cheek, Mika looked down at his laps where his fingers were twisting each other and pulling at the skin around his nails with anxiety.

The panther took in a big inhale, inflating his lungs and let out a shaky breath. However, his mind still refused to stop his spinning and his vision was becoming darker and darker. Every single thing that could go wrong was hitting his mind with a powerful force, making him wince each time.

Suddenly, his stomach churned and Mika felt his dinner coming up.

With shaky legs, the smaller man ran toward the bathroom, followed by a concerned taller man.

Hey dear readers, did you expect it?

I know some of you did, if not all of you hahahahahahaha

Don't forget to:

Like~

Comment~

And subscribe~

See ya next update!

(1 053 words)