Chapter 8 - Make your choice...

Comenzar desde el principio

The three kids quickly left. Dante didn't know why he reacted like that. He could have not care about the way those kids were talking but, no, he couldn't let them talk like that. He reacted instinctively.

Dante: Where did that idiot go? Fu**! (He took out his phone and called Gabriel while getting in his car.) Gabriel, that kid left her school earlier! Call her and ask her where the fu** she is!

Gabriel: Damn it! Try their apartment, she mustn't have gone far!

Dante: I'm heading there and warn her that I'm in a very bad mood now! (He cut the call and started his car.)

Gabriel tried to call Suki several times, but her phone was off. No way to track her. The young man was blaming himself; he should have thought that she will try again to run away even after their discussion.

Dante was fast to reach the old building. He crossed the old lady but didn't stop and headed to the last floor quickly. Unfortunately, the apartment was empty. He didn't waste time and went downstairs. The old woman was now talking with another resident.

Dante: Sorry to interrupt you but, did you see the little girl from the last floor today?

Old Woman: The little Suki? Yes, she came earlier but she already left a little while ago. She didn't look well, is everything okay? I didn't see her mother since few days too. Do you know where she is? (Dante left without answering the old lady.) Eh... what's going on here?

While entering his car, Dante called back his brother to check if he was able to contact Suki, but he couldn't. Gabriel had already left the meeting to find her, his father too in another car.

Gabriel: She mustn't have gone far; I'm sending some of our men to check the bus and train stations. Make a round in her neighborhood.

Dante: Pfff... if she wanted to leave, she just had to say it.

Gabriel: Dante, she is our little sister, we are not going to send her anywhere and her reaction is the consequence of what happened to her mother and the way she was treated in our house! Any kid of her age would have run away in front of people that hate them.

Dante: If I found her first, I will teach her to not make me waste my time unnecessarily!

Gabriel: Dante, please... don't scare her more than she already is. We should help her go through... (He received a second call.)... hold on a second, I have another call. (He put Dante on hold.) Hello?

Zhang's assistant: Mr Smith, It's Lee, Mr Zhang's assistant.

Gabriel: Mr Lee, I'm a bit busy right now, I will call you later!

Zhang's assistant: Mr Smith, hold on, we are at the club right now and there is Fumiko Tanaka's daughter here, Mr Zhang asked me to call you as you seemed interest in that woman.

Gabriel: Suki is at that club? Please keep her safe, we're coming!

Gabriel cut the call with Lee and took back his brother on the phone. He dialed his father to add him to the conversation and told them where Suki was. The three men took the way to the club, and Salvatore was the first one to arrive.  

Zhang: Smith... (Salvatore spotted Zhang then Suki.)

Salvatore: Suki... what the hell are you doing here?! 

Suki didn't dare to look at her father. His tone was clearly showing that he was displeased by the situation. Salvatorebent down in front of her and forced her to look at him.