24) Untitled

After a few more hours of catching up me and Adri finally went to freshen up. My headache was almost completely gone with a slight throbbing in the side. I went to take a long warm shower. My mind buzzing with a lot thoughts and memories about back home. I hadn't really spoken to Spencer in like a really long time. Maybe I should give her and mom a call. I smiled feeling happy. For god knows what reason.

I wrapped a fuzzy hotel towel around myself and one like a turban on my head, as I got out. I heard the doorbell ring when I went to select a my clothes for today. Assuming it was either the guys or room service I continued. Looking out through the window I realized it was a beautiful weather today, hence I decided on a cream strapless short jumpsuit. I removed the towel off of my hair. A major benefit of having short hair is that they dry pretty quickly. I ran a brush through them and with a swipe of mascara I was done. Suddenly a few bracelets sitting on the dressing table caught my eye. Knowing how irritated Adri gets when someone uses her things without asking, I grabbed a few black and pink ones and put them on. She shouldn't have screamed at me in the morning. I put my wallet and phone into a satchel.

I went out to see Dave and Aaron sitting on the settee eating food, and Adri in the kitchen. "Hey." I said to get their attention.

Dave looked up from his food and gave me a smile.

"Hey kiddo, you want some lunch?" Aaron asked showing his plate of what looked like a poutine. I shrugged and grabbed a few fries before he snatched it out of my reach, "Not my lunch." He grumbled out. I laughed before going to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and put it inside my satchel.

"I'll just be down by the beach, call me if you need me." I said before leaving. I heard a few ok as I closed the door shut.

I retrieved my phone from inside my satchel and dialed Spencer's no. She answered by the 3rd ring,  

"Emma? Omygod hey!" She shrieked. I laughed; I should really call more often.

"Hey Spence! How are you?" I said into the phone.

"I'm fine. What about you? How are you?" She asked. I knew Spence really well considering we're friends for quite some time now. Hence I could easily tell by the slight squeakiness in her voice that she was on the verge of tears.

"Aww hon, are you crying? Please don't." God I feel awful right now. I was so self absorbed In my own stupid misery that I didn't even think about the people who were with me through thick and thin. For all I know they might have had their problems too.

"I just...it's been really long you know." She whispered quietly.

"I know." I replied feeling my eyes start to water, "I'm sorry Spence, and I've been an awful friend."

"Hey shush it. You weren't an awful friend, you were just busy. You had your reasons. Let's not go all emotional shall we." I wanted to protest but she cut me off before I could. I'm so blessed to be filled with friends like Spencer and Adri in my life. We all have problems in our life, and most of them are worse than you're fiancé being an as*, but when you have such people in your life who are willing to stand by you through every tidal wave, the problems seem so small. It's easier to tackle. Maybe if I had not completely isolated myself for these 3 years I would have been saying it a lot earlier.

"By the way, Adri told me about the engagement!"

"Oh god yes! It was so cute Emma!! I wanted to tell you sooner..."

I conversation carried on from then. We spoke about a ton of things, catching up. Overall it was fun.

"So you'll be here right before the wedding?' She asked, and knowing Spence she was definitely biting her lip cause she sounded nervous.