23) Learning To Let Go

Emma's POV

Waking up the next morning was one hell of a task. Cause apart from the fact that the room I was in definitely wasn't mine, I even felt like an African tribe playing my head like a bongo. I clutch my head and groan out loud somehow trying to get rid of that pain. But nope nothing. The tribe just takes it as a signal to play a faster beat!

"Hurts doesn't it?" I hear a very familiar voice say, I look up to find Adri leaning on the doorframe with a try of coffee and a bottle of, what I'm hoping is, Advil.

"Hey." I say softy as I sit up properly. Last night's events come banging into me. Literally banging. Bloody Hangover! I hear footsteps come closer to the bed.

"I don't know why I'm doing this. I mean I should totally get a megaphone and scream these words right now." She said as she handed me Advil.

"Cause your my best friend and I'm sorry." I said sheepishly yet genuinely meaning it. What I told Adri last night was uncalled for. She was just trying to look out for me and I was a grade I A**hole.

"You better be b*tch!" She said as she cracked a smile. I immediately lunged to hug her.

"I'm really really really really sorry! I didn't think before talking! I didn't mean it! I swear!" I said. I hated fighting with Adri. She and Spencer meant the world to me.

Adri pulled away with a 'I'm up to something' smirk on her face before saying, wait scratch that screaming, "IT'S FINE. DON'T WORRY. YOU’RE FORGIVEN!!" Directly into my ears. I groaned as I clutched my head and fell back onto the bed. Ok so maybe I deserved it. And don't they say, Paybacks a bitch!

Adri kept laughing as I kept groaning due to the excessive pain. This time the tribe was back with a few more percussion instruments. After what felt like hours but in reality were actually 10-15 minutes, I felt a tad bit better. Adri had gone and got me some breakfast which consisted of; bacon, egg, some toasts and sausages. Greasy breakfasts are the yummiest cure for hangovers!

As I was devouring the plate full of oily heaven, Adri told me about how the guys had gone to do some surfing. That's when a very important thought hit me, "Adri this isn't our room, is it?"

"Nope." She smirked. I raised an eyebrow when she didn't seem to continue, to which she dramatically sighed and then continued, "It's Liam's." And with that I passed out

Kidding well apart from the fact that my jaw had hit the floor and my eyes were the size of saucers I was fine.

How on earth did I end up in Liam's room and why does Adri have that annoying smug look."Explain!" I grunted.

"Well you were highly intoxicated due to an a lot of alcohol and prince Liam saved you from getting eaten by the fire blowing dragon after which you had hot and sweaty se-"

"Ladiladiladila" I started screaming after I realized where she was heading towards. I could hear her laughing as I continued yelling like a banshee.

"Ok ok sorry! But honestly I don't know. When we came back he was fast asleep on the settee and you weren't in my room. He had sent a message to Dave earlier saying he was taking you home so we didn't search for you." She replied shrugging. I gave her a flat look, some friend I have. "Hey! You practically called me a sl*t!" She pointed out.

"Hey Adri about that-"

"Eh! It's fine!" She waved it off but I knew it hurt.

"No it's not Adri. No matter how angry I was, you were just looking out for me and being a good friend." The least she deserved was a proper apology.

"I know." She smiled as she continued, “I’m just worried about you. We all are me, your mom, Spence, Aaron, everyone. We want the best for you." She said looking at me sadly.

I didn’t want to have this conversation, I didn’t want to get back all those memories. Hence I did the most obvious thing anyone in my place would do. I went in denial, “I’m over it Adri. Trust m-“

“Oh god! Don’t even go there. There’s a huge difference between letting go and pretending you’ve forgotten. “

I just kept quiet. "I won't say you need to move on and the usual stuff like that. What you went through was harsh. I can't even imagine myself in that position." I could feel tears start to pool in my eyes. I clenched my eyes shut trying to control my emotions. But flashes of that day played in front of my eyes like a movie.

"Jeremy? Tell me what?" 

“I'm pregnant with Jeremy's kid Emma”

"Listen Emma. It was a mistake. A huge drunken mistake. I was not in my senses. I didn't even remember how it happened. "

"Emma!" I felt a hand on my shoulder which instantly bought me back to reality. 

"I'm sorry." Adrian whispered. This wasn't the first time I zoned out thinking about that day. It used to happen a lot during the first year of my arrival in London. Any sort of memory to do with L.A. would trigger the things that happened that day. Surprisingly it hadn't happened much it the past few months. Maybe it’s a good thing. Maybe it’s true, time is the best healer.

She shook her head and said, “What happened was bad but you can't live your life like this. It's time to start fresh. At least try to let go of things. It's never easy but by holding on to those memories just makes it more difficult. It weakens you even more." She sent a sad smile my way, " Em you're one of the strongest person I know. You were the one who stood up for Spencer when Sophia that b*tch from work dumped her shake on her, you were the one who fought that buff guy who used to bully Dylan, and you give me strength when my mum was being... well herself." I laughed wiping away the few stray tears that had escaped. I missed home. I missed everyone there and how I wish I could go back to those old days. "And last but not the least, you listen to Spencer's sappy repetitive tales about her and Carter with so much interest, each time, as if you heard it for the first time, I mean damn you need to be stronger than Hercules for that.” I laughed at that, Spencer did have this habit of repeating the tiniest of things that happened with Carter. In details. Each time.

Finally all my tears had dried down and laughter filled the previous silence of the room, 

"You don't give yourself enough credit for who you are. And I want that old you back. Let go it's time now." Adri said putting both her hands on my shoulders.

At that moment I realized that somehow even though I had left that house, that town, that country for Christ sake! I was still stuck in that day. That day that happened 3 years from now. And to think about it now, I don’t even know why. I mean what did I want?   

Maybe all I needed was someone to shake this ‘thing’ into me. I held on to him for so long that I was starting to lose people who actually matter.

I nodded making Adri smile and pull me into a tight hug. I gasped in shock, as I hugged back. Let me tell you one very important thing about Adri, she doesn't do hugs. Nuh-uh never! I hugged her tight trying to embrace this probably ‘never again happening moment’.

"Yeah you can let go now."

"Nope I love this too much to let go already." I said crushing her harder.

Adri pushed me off of her harshly, "That's molesting you wh0re!"

Hello!

The whole ‘I don’t do hugs’ of Adri, is based on my best friend. And I know you’re reading this so Waah! :P

Ok so I’m late, I know…but I’m sorry! :O

Well tell me what you think.

“Sometimes all you have to do is FORGET what you FEEL and REMEMBER what you DESERVE“

Comment.Vote.Fan

Ex oh ex oh!