Chapter 2 : Go play in the blender Hailey.

What the fuck happened last night?

15 HOURS EARLIER.

« Go Lions yeah! Go Lions yeah! »

Even with the whole stadium screaming and singing for Baldwin University's baseball team, you can still hear the cheerleading squad and their noisy high-pitched-ear-drilling voices.

I mean what kind of a cheer is « 5,6,7,8 shake it shake it » ? How does that even make sense? Aren't those kinds of things suppose to rhyme?

Well, I guess when you're half-naked and actually shaking everything that there is to be shaken , people tend to agree with you without felling the need to pay too much attention to what you say.

Urgh! I hope they tear themselves in half doing theses ridiculous splits.

« Rach . Chill out . You've got your 'I'm gonna murder you in your sleep' face again » I hear Brooke , my best friend say.

Ok I might be overreacting a teeny tiny bit. They're not all bad. Ok, ok some of them are even pretty cool.

But Hailey is definitely bad enough for me to generalize.

She is the incarnation of what I call the Four Bs : Blonde, Bitchy, Bossy, Bully.

But you see, usually, specimens of the four Bs species are only found in High School, their favorite territory to hunt down, torture and then tear apart their unfortunate victims.

That's where I saw Hailey, rise from one B, blonde, in first grade, to Queen Bee in junior year. Yeah that's right, Hailey and I, as well as Brooke by the way, have know each other since preschool.

Jamesville, Minnesota born and raised baby!

Hailey used to matter. A lot. But then I decided to stop letting the opinion of somebody winning a beauty pageant is the highest social distinction to be define me and to move on. So now she just annoys the shit out of me but I don't care about her remarks anymore.

Because that's what you do when you leave high school : you leave all that teenage crap behind you.

You. Fucking. Grow. Up.

At least that's what I tried to do...

But I guess that when you rule a kingdom for four years, it's too hard to go to college and go back to just being a peasant like all the others.

So Hailey stayed Queen Bee.

She just found new subjects to secretly hate her but obey to all her desires anyway .

And let's just say she wasn't very pleased with my little 'insubordination'.

Like I care.

So I guess the ' I'm gonna kill you in your sleep ' face makes a little more sense now doesn't it?

Glad you agree.

Wait why is everyone screaming their lungs out?

I glance to my right. Brooke included apparently. I guess we won the game then.

How long did I space out? I tend to do that a lot. You know these moments when you just wonder what you're gonna have for lunch and and you end up trying to remember the rules of Rummy? I experience those moments on a ( way too ) regular basis.

Sometimes I just wonder what is wrong with my subconscious...

Everyone is congratulating the Team, who is proudly running towards the exit of the stadium, arm in arm.

« They are so gonna get some tonight » Brooks smirks a me.

« Why do you think they even started football in the first place? Not for the beauty of it I'm telling you» I wink back at her.

« Well it's working! Have you seen Matt? He is sooo ... » She pauses and sighs with a dreamy smile. I guess he is quite hot, in your typical all american way : blonde, blue eyes, athletic. He's the kind of boy your parents want you to marry and the kind of boy Brooke is head over heels for.

Not really my cup of tea.

« Well go for it! You know no one can resist you! »

That's actually true. Brooke is the most charming, pretty, funny, enthusiastic and intelligent girl I have ever met. Plus the mop of bright red hair tend to make one noticeable...

She doesn't even care and every boy turns to watch her pass. I could be jealous but i'm too busy being her best friend and loving her. Plus, to me she will always be the girl who peed her new dress in second grade because she was to shy to ask the teacher to go to the toilet.

Good times right?

« Shut up! » She says with a smirk. « Anyway, victory party at the Delta Psi house tonight! You' in ? »

«Someone didn't get the memo about Rachel 2.0 . » I respond as we go down the terraces following the crowd, « I don't do Frat parties and you know it. As a matter of fact, I don't do parties period. Not anymore. »

« Come on ! » she begs, empathizing the 'on' . « What about the whole ' College experience ' ? How can you not want that? Being young is supposed to be fun not a pre I-am-forty-and-I-work-in-a-cubicule-fifty-hours-a-week kind of experience! One party won't kill you, you know that right ? »

« Just drop it already ! »

I cringe, recognizing the voice that dropped those words.

« You know Rachel's not like that anymore. She had her little whore-to-nun breakdown and I don't think there's a turning back... How are you not bored with her already ? I mean she was clearly a pain in the ass before but at least it was funny to watch her ruin her own life right? Now she's just full on sleeping pill... »

« Go play in the blender Hailey and leave us alone ok? Ok bye bye then! » I tell her and I I leave with Brooke before she can get the Calvin & Hobbes reference, which I doubt will even happen at all.

Her only reference is Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

She's not wrong tough.

I did change. I mean between high school me and college me it's like night and day.

I used to party a lot in high school. Like hard. I drank a lot, made out with strangers, smoked pot. You know the deed.

So let's just say my grades weren't brilliant. Biggest understatement of the century.

I almost didn't get into college but my parents freaked out and sent me to military school for the last seven month of my Senior year and the experience kind of cooled me down about the whole ' Young wild and free ' lifestyle .

So I got my shit together and for a semester now I have been going steady and my grades are up.

I do kind of miss the thrill sometimes. This feeling you have when you completely loosen up and don't give a care about anything in the world...

Yeah I definitely miss that.

And proving Hailey right about myself is more than I can stand.

I guess making an appearance tonight won't kill me right?

*************

(A/N)

thanks for reading ! hope you enjoyed it!

If you did please vote/comment/fan !

How do you like Rachel so far? I want her to be kinda badass, like with wit and temper ! I enjoy writing about her and I hope you will like reading about her as much! 

Anyway I should really go study now soooo

Hope you are having a great day!

x

Louise ☁