Chapter 16: Nightmare

Start from the beginning

Sighing, he just closed his eyes and asked Snowie to guard him while he rested.

Basically every time something comes close to him, a small wall of ice will block it.

Soon enough they arrived at their destination...a beautiful merchant city who held the lowest level of corruption in the current era.

Dawn : (Well it's much more different than I thought.)

Looking around, the architecture, the way people clothes themself, the way roads are agenced...it's nothing like what Dawn had seen in the anime.

Walking around Raska and Laos were both ahead looking at the large open market...the teacher was more like a student than an actual teacher.

Dawn : (Now that i think...isn't this her first school trip too since she didn't get any students until us...)

Deadpanning at this thought, Dawn just continued to walk forward and like always having Snowie watch out for the surroundings.

He was also checking a few shop stands as something unexpectedly good could appear.

Dawn : (By the way Snowie, do you think an artifact or object with ice affinity will be effective with you?)

Snowie : (Negative, spiritual art is on a whole different system than magicule in general...we have the same base but an artifact made with magicule would be as useless as mixing oil and water.)

Dawn : (I see...)

For a while now, Dawn wondered how he could get even stronger magic...he still has a gap for improvement but at this rate I'm going to be stuck quickly.

My control over magic has improved due to the extra skill magic manipulation...and with Snowie I can break those limits but I'm conscious of it.

I won't be able to even match the likes of Guy Crimson...am I capable of equaling them ? I don't know but I cannot just aim for something low.

I have to strive for the top and for that I need more base power.

Dawn : (I saw multiple magicule enhanced tools but it seems I will have no need of them...)

Turning around, a spark of shine attracted his attention...a single stone in a random stand...buried under a few others.

Dawn : (This is just a stone...)

It was just a stone, nothing particular, not even magic based...but the color was uniquely beautiful.

Dawn : (Now that I think I haven't given any gift to Lara...for having raised me I should at least do that right.)

Going as he thought, he bought the stone...it didn't hold much value categorized as a low quality gem but the beauty of it is enough.

Dawn : (A ring, earring or necklace...mmh, with my current knowledge of forging and using what I know from earth, I should be able to do something with it.)

Smiling, a sudden shout alerted him and the people nearby.

Random : Thief ! Come back !

Dawn : Oh ?

Looking through the crowd, someone was running...a man cladded in black, the speed he was traveling at was nowhere near amateurish.

Raska : That's a professional thief it seems.

Laos : A professional thief ?

Raska : Those are sort of bandits but instead of operating on commerce road to ambush merchants, they are just stealing and operating inside the town directly.