A Monster Unchained

Issei Hyoudou was sitting on the couch in the Orc (Occult Research Club), his master Rias Gremory, who was the president of the Orc, was working on some papers she had received from the underworld. Things were not going too well between the Gremory Princess and her pawn Issei Hyoudou, since Issei still views her as his master and not someone as his equal. He kept calling her president which deeply hurt Rias heart, especially after the rating game interview when she and Issei were in the sauna alone and Rias was about to offer Issei her virginity, but then he called her president. All Rias wanted was to be closer to Issei and for him to say that he loves her, or at the very least call her by her name.

Issei: I still don't understand what I did wrong. Everything was going so well for me. I just hope that she cools down soon so that we can talk and smooth things over.

Issei silently pondered over what had happened. He knew things between him and Rias were starting to deteriorate, and he wondered where he had gone wrong. As he reflected on his situation, searching for an answer to the problem, Issei noticed a magic circle materialize before him on the coffee table. Just as he was about to speak, Koneko glanced at it and immediately recognized who it was from.

Koneko: Phoenix?

A woman bearing an uncanny resemblance to Ravel appeared. She appeared to be in her early twenties, possessing the same blonde hair and blue eyes. The only difference was that her hair was elegantly styled, adorned with various ornamental pieces.

Ravel: "Mother?!" Ravel was completely taken by surprise, she didn't expect her mother to call.

Issei: 'Ravel's mother? So that means she is the current head of the house of Phoenix, which also makes her Riser's mother. And she's really beautiful.'

???: Hello Ravel. Sorry for the sudden call. I couldn't get any time, so I ended up calling at this hour. In the human world in Japan, It's still school time right?

Ravel: Y-Yes, it certainly is, but why did you call all of a sudden?

Rias walked over to the hologram

Rias: Hello Lady Phoenix. It's been awhile. May I know your reason for calling?

Lady Phoenix: "Indeed, but first I should introduce myself. Everyone, my name is Layla Phoenix, the current matriarch of the Phoenix Family. Is the red dragon emperor, Issei Hyoudou here? If so, may I speak to him?

Issei: Yes Lady Phoenix, I am here, do you need something from me? He responded with a respectful voice.

Layla: Hello to you too. This is our first time meeting like this, isn't it Issei Hyoudou, The Red Dragon Emperor. I apologize for introducing myself like this.

Issei: There's no need to apologize, it's a pleasure to meet you.

Layla: Yes, I thought I should greet you properly. Normally, I would go and greet Rias, who is in charge of the Hyoudou residence where my daughter will be staying while she attends Kuoh Academy, but there were reasons why we couldn't visit.

Rias: It's fine Lady Phoenix, I understand how busy you are.

Layla: Thank you Rias. Now then, Issei Hyoudou I have a request, which I would like for you to complete, if you do not mind?

Issei: What is it, Lady Phoenix...?

Layla: You see, my daughter Ravel, is studying at that school, and I wanted you and Rias both to look after her and protect her from 'weird pests'. Would you please look after her?

Issei: Yes ma'am, you can count on me Lady Phoenix, I will look after her!

Layla: Thank you Issei Hyoudou, oh and one more thing, I had Riser trade with me a while back, after which she is a free bishop, your goal is to be a high class devil right?