Phoenix and I caught a ride with Payback and Fanboy to the beach since we were all running late. Once Payback parks his car in the parking lot, I am sprinting out of the car. I see the group a bit down the beach and thankfully, Maverick hasn't gotten there yet.

I sprint the last little bit to the group and come to a skidding stop between Rooster and Bob almost knocking poor Bob over.

"Woah there Little bird, you trying to take me out?" Bob laughs while helping me right myself. His eyes linger a bit longer on my body and face causing me to blush slightly.

"Sorry, was running late and was worried Maverick would cut me from the mission if I was late. Especially after breaking Hangman's nose last week." I say trying to catch my breath. "Speaking of. Hey Hangman, how's the nose?" I say looking up seeing the purple bruise peeking from under his bandaged nose.

"It's broken, but other than that it's fine." He says before handing me a water bottle. "But I definitely deserved it, and it was a hell of a punch."

Everyone just stares at him for a bit, clearly taken aback by him openly admitting he was in the wrong.

"What? I know how to compliment a good punch." He says turning to talk to Coyote.

I turn to Rooster, seeing him just as stunned by the blond's words. Payback, Fanboy and Phoenix finally get to the group and break the confused silence.
"Who died?" Phoenix asked.

"No one." Yale starts.

"Hangman just complimented Dove's punch." Harvard adds.

"And then admitted he deserved said punch." Rooster finishes. 

"Well damn. Didn't know he could do that." Phoenix shugs. "Well then, does anyone know why we are meeting here instead of the normal training?" She asks.

Before anyone could answer, Maverick walks up with a bag of stuff.

"You need to be a team in the air, and from what I saw on Friday, you aren't even civil on the ground. So we are playing a game."

We all look at each other confused on how a game is going to help, but alas Maverick pushes on.

"The game is Dogfight football. Both teams will play offense and defense at the same time." Mav then pulls out two footballs and calls Hangman and Rooster as team captains.

I end up on a team with Rooster, Coyote, Harvard, Omaha, and Fritz. The other team is Hangman, Phoenix, Bob, Fanboy, Yale and Payback.

Once the teams are split some of the guys pull their shirts off, Phoenix and I pull our hoodie and Hawaiian shirt off, leaving us in our sports bras and shorts. Some of the guys whistle causing Rooster and Bob to hit the back of their heads.

Once the game is underway Maverick joins in on Hangman's team. The first bit of the game is rough. Rooster and hangman have an altercation that we have to pull apart. After Maverick pulls them both aside and scolds them a bit we continue the game.

Rooster launches the ball to me and I go running, thinking no one is close by to catch me. That line of thinking is quickly put to rest when arms come around me with enough force to cause us to stumble but not enough to take us both to the ground. Suddenly there is a quiet voice in my ear.

"Looks like I caught you little bird." Bob whispers.

"Seems so lieutenant." I say turning my head slightly to look him in the eyes.

We stay like this for a moment longer before Hangman calls from behind pulling us out of our little bubble.

"If you two are done flirting, can we get on with the game?"