Chapter 14 - The Figure Cloaked In Darkness

Start from the beginning

Kazuma: "I see. Though wouldn't you get more of your group involved?"

Amelia: "Nah~ I tend to work better on my own, or perhaps even a sidekick by my side. Don't get me wrong, my party was enjoyable to be around, but ever since we disbanded, I've been having an easier time."

???: "Kazuma!"

Kazuma blinked a few times as both Amelia and Kazuma turn around, only to see Aqua who was panting after running for a bit.

Kazuma: "Aqua... What do you want now?"

He clearly wasn't in the mood for Aqua's antics as he did remember what happened yesterday. 

Aqua: "It... It's Kieran! I could feel him to be in trouble!"

Amelia: "Feel? What do you mean?"

Aqua: "I can't explain it! But you have to believe me when I say what I'm saying!"

Kazuma: "Are you about to say something along the lines of you being a Goddess again?"

Aqua: "No you shut-in NEET!"

This did surprise him as he wasn't expecting that as she had a somewhat serious expression. Kazuma knew that this was outside of her own character in the first place, showing that she was somehow changing, at least from what Kazuma could tell, even though he would rather wait to see if that's true or not.

Aqua: "Last night, he asked me about there being side effects to a lifted curse, however while I was talking with him... Damn it, I feel like an idiot!"

Amelia: "Hey hey! Calm down, breathe in and out slowly."

Amelia with her words, managed to calm her down as Aqua managed to slow her pace.

Aqua: "I think he has a curse on him..."

Amelia/Kazuma: "W-What?"

We then cut to Kieran who was running through the streets of Axel as fast as he could, though he did notice that no one was really reacting, making him realize something. He was in a form of hallucination that only he could see, but it feels so real that it has a chance of actually killing him. He didn't want to take his chances as he kept running.

He knew that if he has to fight, he needs to do so outside the town as he doesn't want to draw any attention to himself, so he kept running, this time heading to the main gate. Once he made it outside, he didn't stop as he kept running as far as he could, making his way into some nearby forest as he stopped behind a tree, breathing in and out rapidly as he could feel his legs slightly give in, making him sit down.

His vision was still messed up due to the hallucination, but he did his best to keep his eyes open so that he wouldn't get jumped. This went on for a few seconds so that he could catch his breaths. So when he was able to recover, he immediately transformed into Phantom, being more calm, however the moment Phantom walked a bit away from the tree, she saw from the corner of her eye an attack coming her way, forcing her to roll out of the way. 

The attack did miss, but cut straight through the tree as it fell, Phantom narrowed her eyes as she saw the figure that was chasing her.

Phantom: "So you're actually here this time huh?"

The figure didn't speak as he was just taking steps towards her, making her sweat a little as she summoned her Twin Eagle Swords, preparing to fight.

Phantom: "I don't know who you are, or why General Geega wants my head, but I ain't going down without a fight. You were chasing a coward, but I ain't no coward."