Chapter 14 - The Figure Cloaked In Darkness

Começar do início

The more he listened, the more he realized that it was people who he wronged, even his own family, sometimes the sound of his father's words echoed through in between as he closed his eyes, trying to wish that this pain could end. Though suddenly, a particular voice spoke out.

???: "Quite a shame~"

He opened his eyes in an instant as his eyes widened, seeing Geega standing before him, though she had a see-through visage about her. It was clear that he was seeing things as he tried to shake the feeling off.

Geega: "You're quite resilient, Kieran Williams."

Kieran managed to get back to his feet, his head still going through the excruciating pain.

Kieran: "What do you want!?"

Geega: "What I want? You're aware of the promise I made to you right? I am merely bringing your reckoning for ruining my peaceful domain~"

Kieran: "I... I told you before... I'm not in charge of those expeditions!"

Geega: "Even if so, your fellow party members have been messing around with my crystals. It means you are directly involved, whether you like it or not pretty boy~"

Kieran: "Oh shut up!"

Geega: "As you know, you defeated Verdia, one of the Devil King's Generals who has been keeping my little loyal monster servants afraid, but since he's gone... I should thank you. Once I get the opportunity, I shall return to the surface and attack your wonderful little town~"

Kieran: "You wouldn't..."

Geega: "I would and I can. I'm simply living how I want~ However, I think your time is up."

Geega had a menacing smirk plastered on her face as Kieran was confused on what she meant as suddenly he felt a cold but shivering presence nearby, making him turn his gaze slowly in terror. What he saw made his heart almost stop as he could feel his cold sweat dripping down his face.

The figure had a scythe, seemingly cladded in dark clothing as his vision was constantly getting darker and darker, making it more difficult to see. He recognized the figure because it was the one he saw last night under the moonlight.

The figure was taking slow steps towards him as he knew that he had to transform into Phantom, but before he could even think that, the figure was already in front of him, going in for a killing blow

The figure was taking slow steps towards him as he knew that he had to transform into Phantom, but before he could even think that, the figure was already in front of him, going in for a killing blow. Luckily, Kieran was able to dodge the attack as he fell over, landing on his behind. He had to back off a bit as he got back to his feet to begin making a run for it.

We then cut to Kazuma and Amelia who was simply walking through the streets of Axel, though Kazuma wanted to know something.

Kazuma: "So Amelia, how did you know Kieran?"

Amelia: "Oh, Kiara has told me a bit about him. Though she did point out some strange things that seemed out of place about him, so I wanted to investigate on why this was the case. I'm mainly doing this for Kiara of course."