𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"If you are having difficulty on another question, just raise your hand and I can help you." I tell him before glancing down the back where someone's hand is raised.

I walk down to her desk, crossing my arms.

"Are you alright?" I ask and she looks to the board.

"I don't have the book."

"Alright...You can borrow mine for today but please remember it next time...What is your name?" I ask, I recognise her but since I got here she's always down the back by herself, she hasn't asked any questions until now.

"Sophia." She says quietly, I almost miss it, I nod before walking down to my desk, I reach over it grabbing my book before turning and walking back down to her desk.

"There you go, Sophia. Don't forget your book next class." I say setting it down on the desk for her.

"I probably won't have it next class." She speaks up again as I go to walk away.

"Why's that?" I ask, turning back.

"I don't have it yet, my Dad can't get it at the moment." She looks away, her fingers tap the desk quickly. I look for a moment before nodding slowly.

"Keep this for tonight, I have a spare one at home so you can have that one to keep. Don't worry about it." I say and she nods.

"Thank you." She smiles and I nod.

"It's nothing, are you alright with everything now? I didn't know you didn't have the book so I apologise, just catch up when you can." I say.

"Yeah, thank you." She thanks me again before I nod stepping away from the desk, another hand goes up and I walk down to their desk next.

Dorothea runs down the stairs as I shut the front door behind me, I smile rolling my eyes as she quickly comes over to me.

"You are so clingy." I fix the bag in my hand before I bend down picking her up, I scratch her head before walking into the kitchen where Josephine is sitting down.

She looks over and I put my two bags down on the counter.

"Where's Diana?" I ask her without saying hello or anything.

"She's upstairs, we were actually supposed to go out today but she hasn't really left your bedroom." She tells me and I keep looking at her.

"Is she sick?" I question and she shrugs closing the book she's reading.

"I'm not sure, I've tried talking to her but she's really only said she's tired, I tried giving her food but she's turning it away." She explains and I nod, that's why she wasn't responding to my messages earlier.

"Have you just been sitting around all day?" I ask, I don't mean it in a rude way but it sounds like it.

"No, I actually cleaned up a little in here and the guest bedroom where I am staying, I also gave the cats food which I hope you're okay with. I was going to clean more but I didn't want to overstep since I don't know what you consider overstepping." She says and I hum. I pick up one of my bags before leaving the kitchen.

I walk up the stairs seeing Maggy at the top looking down. I bend down slightly as I get closer, rubbing her head before walking past her.

I keep Dorothea in my arms or else she will jump at Maggy and get her to move when she's comfortable.

I walk down the hall and the door is shut, I open the door pushing it open as I step inside, shutting it again behind me.

It's completely dark.