Chapter 1

The bullet that pierced the heart gave a sharp pain. With no strength left, Mariana fell on the ground with a pool of blood coming out of her body.

She looked up and saw two familiar figures standing in front of her.
With a smile, Carl said to Mariana.

"You deserved this. If it wasn't because of your family company then my family company would have reached the top without any problems. And Sophy is the one who shall deserve the wealth and the life you had."

"Come on Carl, that is just too much."

A woman in her late twenties came out from behind Carl.

"You shouldn't say that to her, she was your fiancee. "

Sophy, Mariana's cousin, spoke as she walked and stopped at the side of Carl, holding his arm.

"Even though she was rude to me because I was not at her level of wealth I still did not say anything because she was my cousin."

"Such an angel was brutally bullied by a demon."

Carl said as he looked at Sophy and then at Mariana. Then as if he handled the demon he speaks of, he shrugged and said.

"Anyways, it's all over now. My company will become the top company and Sophy will inherit all the wealth as the only relative after the heir."

"You---! "

As Mariana tried to speak she was struck by a sudden pain in her chest.
Mariana who was on the verge of falling heard sounds of laughter but couldn't say anything as her vision started to get blurry.

'One chance,'

She grasped for oxygen with desperation.

'If I get just one more chance, I would never let them do what they wanted to and would save me and my family from their clutches.'

Mariana thought as she fell on the floor like a fallen leaf and took her last breath, a tear fell from her closed eyes.
And Mariana left the world with heart full of venom and hatred.